Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was sorting some 110gr Sierra Pro Hunter's to load for my 6.8 AR.
and i found a bullet with out its core.... I thought that was neat but, then i got to thinking mabey there might be something wrong with the whole
box. I called Sierra and told the gentleman on the phone what i had found, he said to return just that one bullet and the box it came in and he would replace the "whole" box.... Now that is customer service. this is really good news to me after the bad experience i had with Silver State Armory

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/factory-loads/67284-silver-state-armory-what-do-you-think.html

I also e-mailed Art Kalwas owner of SSA to tell him how customer service should be handled! (in a nice way of course)
anyways thumbs up to Paul at Sierra Bullets (and Sierra Bullets) for wonderful CS!
Reloading with Sierra Bullets? you cant go wrong..... :thumb:

100_2689.JPG 100_2700.JPG

·
10,379 Posts
Very nice! Best part is, it probably cost the company $4-$8 to make you happy and get good word of mouth out. You get a new box of quality bullets and they get good advertising. Everybody wins.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sierra has always produced a top-notch product for me. I'm especially fond of their 65gr GameKings. They may have been designed for game, but they certainly deliver match-grade accuracy in my AR. Plus, every box of 100 I buy has at least 103 bullets - Glad to see a company that still believes in the "baker's dozen."

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sierra has always produced a top-notch product for me. I'm especially fond of their 65gr GameKings. They may have been designed for game, but they certainly deliver match-grade accuracy in my AR. Plus, every box of 100 I buy has at least 103 bullets - Glad to see a company that still believes in the "baker's dozen."
I need to buy mine where you buy yours.... mine always have a 100....still a great company
my 55gr GameKings are real accurate too... I just ordered some 65's to work a load

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Wasn't refering to one with out the core. You had doubts about the rest of the bullets in the box. Weigh each one of them. Unless they are under weight they should be ok. The one without a core is just one of those things that happens in mass production. Without a core it was probably also under diameter. Seating the core brings the jacket to full diameter, then they run through a point form die.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wasn't refering to one with out the core. You had doubts about the rest of the bullets in the box. Weigh each one of them. Unless they are under weight they should be ok. The one without a core is just one of those things that happens in mass production. Without a core it was probably also under diameter. Seating the core brings the jacket to full diameter, then they run through a point form die.
I was concerned about the integrity of the cores, but i was sorting my bullets by length with a comparator when i found the "hollow point"
I should have kept it as a novelty item

1 - 8 of 8 Posts