Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past several days I've ordered primers, projectiles, and brass. Each supplier has encouraged patience as they are slammed. Then there's the shippers. They are likewise slammed. So I'm going to be patient. My orders will be delivered at some point. They'll get here when they get here.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered LPP from PV on 3/21 Saturday. PV has a disclaimer on its site stating "Currently shipping orders placed on 3/19". Busy busy!

·
Registered
296 Posts
My primer low-level light came on about two weeks before all the Covidiots got spooked, so I was fortunate enough to have restocked before all the lunacy started. I only hope they last until things normalize, whenever that will be.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
I placed my order with Able Ammo for 22LR on the 26th, sent them my ILLinois documents the next day. They still haven't updated my order to show that they received them. If nothing tomorrow I'm going to cancel it and go shopping again.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rook49...It's not a matter of waiting. I recently bought a new caliber (Charter Arms 45 Colt Bulldog) revolver and am building my supply of projectiles-large pistol primers-cases.
To date I've received my cases, projectiles & primers will be delivered in a day or two. I can't complain because they're busy getting my stuff to me. This slowdown is unlike the craziness of several years back when NOTHING was available. Even that had a silver lining. I was able to pick up some e3 which I developed pistol loads for.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Yeah, the Obama shortages taught me that you need to stock up while the times are good. I'm real stout on powder, and I have an abundance of large pistol primers. I would feel better if I had about 3,000 more small pistol primers, but I'm okay at the moment and I'm about to shift gears anyway to 45acp, so I should be good until much later, hopefully when this scare is over. Stock up when you can, it makes these times a lot better. ;)

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Happiness is having----
Both large primer pocket and small primer pocket 45 ACP brass on hand!

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Happiness is having----
Both large primer pocket and small primer pocket 45 ACP brass on hand!
I have small primer pocket 45 brass in a large ziploc bag, and some already made up....I use that stuff when I'm not allowed to reclaim my brass and I want to tick off somebody. :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that there is funny!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Gallant bullets & Rim Rock bullets will be delivered tomorrow. My LPP from PV will be delivered on Friday 4/03. Still awaiting notification from Bayou on bullets.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Considering I have no ranges currently at my disposal. I am stocked up on all calibers w/ plenty of powder, bullets and primers. Since I first started reloading a few years ago I make sure to maintain my supplies.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my Gallant & Rim Rock bullets today. Packaging was great and the product excellent. Now awaiting primers from PV and a bullet order from Bayou. My Bayou order should be here Monday.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got in 3 bottles of CFE-Pistol, 1K of 9mm, 1K of 40 S&W, 3K SPP and 6K SRM just as this was getting to be a problem. Waited not quite patiently, but the primers all showed up today. And again...no signature requested or waited on. Strange to get a doorbell ring and find a hazmat box sitting outside the door. And so glad I was home! Waiting on an order of 38 Spl brass to fill and ship. I wasn’t actually being prepared...I just got lucky.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
markr6754...What vendor? Glad things are arriving!

·
Registered
141 Posts
markr6754...What vendor? Glad things are arriving!
Powder from Academy, primers from MidSouth Shooters, bullets from Everglades Ammo, and awaiting brass from ammobrass. All but MidSouth with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Don't we have a thread for trading brass and other reloading components? I have stuff I will never use and a shortage stuff I want.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
Since I haven't been shooting in... well a while. I can't reload any more as I have no ammo cans to hold the additional ammo. I think I have about a dozen 9mm HP's and about the same in 45 ACP HP's thrown in my drawer (mag reloads). I've filled additional Mags for storage and I don't have any empty mags either. I imagine I could convert 5.56 brass to 300 AAC.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Since I haven't been shooting in... well a while. I can't reload any more as I have no ammo cans to hold the additional ammo. I think I have about a dozen 9mm HP's and about the same in 45 ACP HP's thrown in my drawer (mag reloads). I've filled additional Mags for storage and I don't have any empty mags either. I imagine I could convert 5.56 brass to 300 AAC.
This it it...the range trip with 300-400 empty cases is usually what strikes the urge to get on the bench to load some more. That's been absent.

From my other post about processing the 223 brass, those are all measured with the longer ones trimmed and in the can. The shorties are now being processed into 300 BLK with most cutoff and deburred/chamfered and ready to be re-formed. It feels good to be able to re-purpose that brass and it reminded me of what my dear old Dad (who was a wholesale pork guy) used to say. We use everything but the squeal! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts