Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart the normal advices on reloading, is any additional info needed for reloading on. 40 for my PT940?

Reloaded before for my Glock 23, switching barrel for a EFK with standard rifling. No problems with this setup

The PT940 have an special care ?

Thanks in advance

A.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Not aware of any myself, good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
896 Posts
When I reloaded for my PT-940, The only thing I did was just be cautious as usual and load it up like I would for any other firearm.
You do not need to change barrels or anything like that. I believe the PT-940 has a fully supported chamber/barrel.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Just be careful and load carefully. I've had excellent results with my PT140 MilPro and my FNS-40 with HP-38 and TiteGroup and 165 gr Flat Points.

·
Registered
15,643 Posts
If you'll be reloading in 40 cal, start lining up supplies whereever you can if the price is right. With the PT940's you can shoot lead and FMJ so that shouldn't be a problem. Since you hanged the barrel on the glock to a standard barrel, same rules apply. Many bullet manu's will give you better pricing if you order in quantity with a couple of different calibers.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
There are endless good load data out there. I like Win WSF and Accurate #7 for soft (competition and range) loads usually pushing 180s and Alliant (Unique, Power Pistol or Blue Dot) for hot loads - typically 155 & 165s for that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts