Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, you get to see the little project I've been working on with my little Lee single stage press. Lets play "how many rounds in the tub".

The container is a standard 50 cal Army can. It measures:

11 inches long
6 inches wide
7 inches tall

The tub is just about full of 9mm ammo. Every round is an Extreme 124 grain RN plated, OAL of 1.165, with a S&B primer. I just tossed them into the can, I did not try to organize it to where I could fit more in. Every now and then I tossed a moisture pack in, there are probably 10 of them in the can and they are about 1'' X 1'' in size.

I'll keep the contest open a couple of days, unless somebody nails it on their try, but then I'm going to have some serious questions for them because the number is only written down on my whiteboard in my office. :D

-

Attachments

Administrator
1,357 rounds in that can.

Banned
Nine Hundred Eighty Four, What did I win? :p

Registered
1,000 rounds in there and room for a bit more.

Registered
I got about 1350 in my .50 cal ammo can. That's my guess.

Registered
what is the grand prize?

Registered
I have a can like that with 40S&W that I believe was around 1,500 rounds. My guess for 9mm is about 1,700.

Super Moderator
1935 rounds!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
1635...I store a lot of mine the same way...but I don't count mine.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well - I wasn't going to necessarily count them, but I populate a spreadsheet with every round that I run through my press, so it wasn't all that hard to come up with the number. I went shooting a couple of times, and withdrew from the pile, made my subtractions on the whiteboard, and came up with my grand total.

Registered
Sorry--I can't participate as I only shoot 45 acp, 38 Super and 10 MM so don't anything know about them sissy calibers!!!----:lifting:
IF I had to guess they are so small I would say 1,478,952.

Reactions: oso, darbo and ozzy

Registered

well at least as long as you stay on your medication you don't count them!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, since participation has tapered off, I'll go ahead and reveal the answer. I think Glenwolde was the closest, so congratulations to him but if I am wrong about that, let me know.....the answer is,

Thanks for participating everybody ! I couldn't believe that nobody went over 2k in their guesses, well except for Olfarhors, but then again I didn't think it would go over that either. I bought what I though was the last 500 bullets a couple of weeks ago, reloaded them all, and still had plenty of room left. Bought another 500 a couple of days ago and finished it up.

I'm going to top off the can and call it a a completed project ! Next up, either 38 special or 45acp in an identical can.

Registered
I didn't make a guess but from the bulk 9mm we sold in the shop I worked at I knew it had to be over 2000 rds.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts