Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife went into a local salon today where she usually buys hair care products and when she went to pay they told her that due to the virus they no longer accept cash. This is a new one on me. I've never heard of such a thing and it doesn't even sound as if it should be legal.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
There's arguments that can be made on both sides. Since cash is lawful US currency and payment for services and goods is a contractual obligation, the argument could be made the vendor is in breach of contract. Now if it's posted up front to all customers that they can no longer accept cash, then that establishes a new condition to enter into a contract where cash could be refused.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
A couple stores near me tried that. I left the stuff on the belt and walked off. The other one is stores wanting to round up to the nearest dollar.

I've left a few managers so mad that they probably were chewing on the carpet when I left. They tell me I have to understand their policies. My reply has been."No I don't" and "THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS PUBLIC AND PRIVATE"

I also ask were anyone got Covid handling money. I'd like to see that study.

Maloy

·
Registered
31,693 Posts
This is just a furtherance into the ploy to get people micro chipped to pay for all goods and services, and only hell knows what else.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
This is just a furtherance into the ploy to get people micro chipped to pay for all goods and services, and only hell knows what else.
Bingo. ....... Never let a crisis go to waste. ......... One World Order and cashless society ........ all part of the plan.

·
17,571 Posts
Texas State Parks don't take cash at the moment. Lots of people do it. A purchase is not a "debt". The rounding is due to the shortage of coins, but they shouldn't be rounding UP. One store I go to just rounds. Sometimes it's in your favor, sometimes not.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
If they didn't want to accept cash, I would have started with 5 - 22LR rounds and maybe 2 - 9mm max.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I saw where a few new store in the north west would only let you shop if you have an app on you phone. You put the idem in your buggy and it charged to your phone app.
The store that doesn't take cash, don't go in.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Many years ago I was working in healthcare sales. As part of our training in infection control, they cultured a dollar bill in a petri dish. What can grow from paper money is truly disgusting. Refusing to accept or exchange paper currency is an inconvenience but a legitimate effort to control infection. Whether the Wuhan Virus can live on paper currency is another topic though.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Many years ago I was working in healthcare sales. As part of our training in infection control, they cultured a dollar bill in a petri dish. What can grow from paper money is truly disgusting. Refusing to accept or exchange paper currency is an inconvenience but a legitimate effort to control infection. Whether the Wuhan Virus can live on paper currency is another topic though.
According to the testing I've read about (its been a while back) yes it can live on currency, although it can live longer on coinage. It's only a potential source and IDK of any one who actually contracted covid from money. A certain amount of Covid virus can also live on a credit card and also the card machines touch screen interface and that rubber pen it wants you to use also. The one surface covid doesn't particularly live for very long on is copper. Like almost all surfaces, money can easily be decontaminated with simple chemicals, chemical wipes, or even hand sanitizer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are still a few GM and grocery stores in our area that have posted about the coin shortage and that preferred methods are credit or debit. But then again, out area isn't big city snowflake BS. Everything is pretty much rural and rednecks just don't get the stupid stuff going on in the rest of the country.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's just more scare-mongering to get us to comply. They're starting off small and they'll get more serious as they go along. We're just being indoctrinated for now. Masks, no cash, "social distancing" (and who ever heard of THAT one before?!?!?) are all designed to get us used to following whatever we're told to do. Watch and see.

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
I never pay with a credit card unless I'm buying online or groceries in excess of $125. I always offer cash and haven't had anyone turn me down yet. I'm like many of y'all. I'll leave if denied use of cash or I'll choose a nice argument to get into. I'm an old retired guy. I got nothing better to do than make your day miserable and my time is just as well spent getting you to waste yours.

My exception? Buying guns. I walk around with $5K-$10K in cash when I'm on the prowl for a gun. I never pay for guns with credit cards . . . . except for two online purchases I made a few years back.

Reactions: kerk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haven't used cash unless forced to in years. Use my credit card or phone backed up with my credit card for everything. Love the stores that let you keep a list of what you put in the cart by scanning with your phone & then pay on the way out without a checkout line. Be glad when they all do that. If you pay your credit card off each month you get money back from the bank that far exceeds any interest you would receive with a checking or savings account. This boulder is already rolling down the mountain & you can't stop it. Bet there was another guy pissed about having to use money when they stopped letting you pay with chickens or bushels of corn.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
The minute cash is refused as currency nationwide, you'll see a massive surge in cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. The Gov't doesn't have access to your cryptocurrencies and they would indeed panic.

·
17,571 Posts
If we lose our ability to pay with cash, we will never control our money again.
Unless you've got all your cash at home I'd say it's too late. Once you put it in the bank it's "digitized".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts