Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like everything about my Chiappa 1911-22 except for the finish. So, I had a local gunsmith refinish it for me . . . .

I originally purchased it in 2009, and it has over 4,000 rounds through it. My sweaty hands wore away the original black finish around the grip. This is a DuraCoat, Colt Gray, finish. My 12 year old son considers this "his" gun. We'll see how well it holds up until he is of age.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Very nice! I have one and have enjoyed shooting it. If you don't mind, please tell what it cost to make it look that nice.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Very nice gun! and a nice finish

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! I have one and have enjoyed shooting it. If you don't mind, please tell what it cost to make it look that nice.
I had it done by a local gunsmith who has a small shop. He charged me $100. I was originally going to ship it to Jim's Gun Supply, in Baraboo, Wisconsin, but that was before I found out that this local gunsmith does refinishing. Jim's Gun Supply charges $125 for a handgun, and I had already been in contact with him about my Chiappa. He told me that he is very familiar with the peculiarities of the 1911-22

Jim's Gun Supply - DuraCoat Refinishing

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Looks good I have one with the threaded barrel and extension. I'll put a pic up of it so people can see the difference in finishes. If you don't mind me asking about how much did it cost for this little procedure?

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
That looks great.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Nice looking finish. I plan on getting a 1911-22 soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts