Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a nice trigger job on my 970 Tracker and now I'd like to put reduced strength hammer and trigger springs in it. but Wolffe doesn't list the 970 in their catalouge. Can I use the spring package for a different model? If so, which model? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Sorry - I can't help you, but I would like to know, too! I have a couple of 970's myself - but just kept shooting them until things got smoothed out! Now the newest 990 I got - well, that's a horse of a different color and I'll never shoot it enough to smooth it out without getting carpal tunnel first. I bet there's a lot of us that would like to know if there are any alternate springs, problem is 22lr's are strange beasts - especially the Tracker series...

·
32,497 Posts
No one makes reduced power springs for the Tauri rimfire revolvers. Not even for the more common 94 and 941s.

The reason for this is because rimfire revolvers, pick and brand and make, require a healthy and heavy whack to set off a rimfire primer.

When lighter springs are used there is a good chance that there will be many light primer hits not setting the .22lrf rounds off.

I've got Taurus 94 (smaller revolver frame than the 970) and a 990. Both got a 500-1000 repetitions of dry fire with .22lrf snap caps or #4 sheet rock anchors. The dry fire practice got me up to speed on both revolvers and the action lightened and smoothed out a bit.

After cleaning the revolver a small shot or two of Rem Oil into the action can help things out a bit. Leave the firing pin channel unlubed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts