Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call this morning from my local PoPo and the gentleman said they've recovered my Kel Tec Sub 2000, which was stolen when my house was burglarized one year ago.
A Department, about 60 miles from the house arrested a B.G. last night and he happened to have my gun with him. If it was used in a crime and entered as evidence, I'll have to wait for the trial to end.
Any Whoo, here's to the start of a great day!

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
To bad it didn't explode on the BG when he used it. I hope it gives you years of trouble free use.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,743 Posts
I keep being hopeful of the same thing happening with a Bersa 22-6, I'm sure I'll show it more love than the scoundrel who took it.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
24,534 Posts
Life is good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I hope your gun is in good condition when you get it back. I know someone who had an accidental discharge (that's another story). No charges were filed and the gun was returned to the owner. The local police department (Mobile, Al) etched the case number into the frame of the handgun.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
To bad the BG was not taken out, then you would not have to wait so long for the return of your gun. Maybe?

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Let's hope he was a gun lover and took good care of it while in his possession and it is returned to you in pristine condition. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I had a S&W model 10 stolen once and figured I'd never see it again. Same thing, turned up in the search of a bad guys house a year later. Cops called me and when I got it back, rust all over it. At least I got it back. Minus the nice zippered bag, speed loaders and ammo of course.

Even a blind pig gets an ear of corn now and then.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Hope you do get it back and that it was some what taken care of.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Sad to say the odds are against you ever seeing one that is stolen. Even when they are recovered some are never returned. A lot depends on the city/state it shows up in and their policy of return. I learned years back to just write it off and then if it comes back that is gravy. Count your blessings you are in the good group.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
I had to return a Ruger Super Blackhawk that I bought on GunBroker. Turns out it was stolen about 10-years ago in Ohio. Man, I really liked that Ruger.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Glad it's back, hope you get it soon

·
Registered
31,743 Posts
My home was burgled in 1984, the perps were caught accidentally, and fessed up to where they had hidden everything, which was between a dumpster and a neighbors fence, other than the Minolta Camera and the butt end of my Mark II Ruger 7 1/2" target pistol sticking out of the camera bag. That's the only reason they got caught, and the pd informed us our house had been broken into.

The police department returned everything to us and just asked that we contact them before doing so. When the case finally came to trial, the prosecutor only asked me to return two items to police custody a few days before the trial, which was the Ruger and the Minolta.

It was sort of awkward as I knew the prosecutor, the defense atty and the judge. Guys got off on a technicality, the charge was burglary of a habitation, the prosecutor never put anyone in the house, no fingerprints or anything. If they would have been charged with receiving stolen goods they would have seen jail time.

I got the Minolta and the Ruger back the next day. Our evidence people were very easy to deal with.

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
12,089 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I have had 2 guns taken from me. A Ruger P90 stolen from my truck, and a Bersa UC 9mm stolen from my hotel. I got the Ruger back.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts