Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share what I found and carry every day so others may benefit. I am not a flashlight hound but I do like a good practical light. First, I've always been a D cell Maglight fan so this is a big change for me. I bought this one December 2018. Carry it every day in my pocket. Always works, three modes, one AA battery, and I use it almost every day for something. Accidentally ran it thru the clothes washer about a month after I bought it. No moisture inside and it still works great. It is the first "mode" light I have carried on a daily basis. I live on 2 1/2 acres and it will light up the opposite corner of the property at night. I use Panasonic Rechargeable AA batteries. I highly recommend both!

Fenix E12 CREE XP-E2 130 Lumen LED flashlight.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9W7MRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Banned
4,206 Posts

·
Administrator
35,119 Posts
I think any good LED that throws out a lot of light should be good. The smaller the flashlight, the less light that is going forward, so there seems to be a fine line between compactness and power.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I love recommending the Thrunite 1A V3. It uses 1 AA or 14500. I keep it set at 0.1 lumen by default (200 lumens max). Excellent for not ruining your night vision, reading a book, or getting from bedroom to bathroom without tripping. At that setting you can run the light for 17 days straight. I've carried the same one for 4 years.
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-archer-1a-v3/

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I've got several, but my favorite is a Surefire 320 lumin that runs on two C123 batteries. Given a choice, I'd pick any that takes the 123 batteries over the AAA powered lights.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I have a pair of cheap Nebo Edge 50's. They throw some decent light with fresh batteries.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nightcore MT10c off ebay. 920 lumen, light two batteries and a charger 60 bucks.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The Fenix E12 in the OP is a great little light. I've had a couple, but these days I carry an Olight S1R baton. I originally got the S2R but ended up losing it. I eventually replaced it with the smaller S1R and this little light is fantastic. They are a bit pricey, but completely worth it for someone who uses their EDC light. I worked nights for many years and having a flashlight handy was invaluable. It doesn't get used as much now that I'm a "Daywalker" but I still need a light occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I've got a number of flashlights myself. The one I EDC is this: https://www.amazon.com/OLIGHT-Baton...ight+S1+baton&qid=1563112064&s=gateway&sr=8-3 Great little light about the size of a Bic lighter, with a tremendous amount of power. Most of the time though I find myself navigating hallways with it on low. It also has a magnetic base that I can't even begin to tell you how many times that little feature has come in handy.

I also keep an Olight R50 Pro on a charging unit by my backdoor.

·
Super Moderator
34,958 Posts
I have a little Bushnell light that I carry in a belt pouch that has a pouch for my leatherman tool. I use that light all the time around here, dark closets, well house, and at night if I need to go out for some reason. I bought it off the rack at Walmart, aluminum body, takes a AAA cell, gives off decent light, and I always have it on my belt. Battery life is amazing, too.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Daytona ego sum frater quoque illustrari debent. Tempus est brevis et mundum reditus manet.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a Fenix E01 on all of my key rings as EDC. I usually have a larger flashlight in a thigh pocket, belt pouch, or bag with my medical stuff

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
I have an Olight M2R Warrior. 1500 Lumens max. Programmable side button for 2 levels of light plus 3 quick presses gives you 1500 Lumen Strobe Light. End button for momentary on or hard press for continues on at 1500 Lumens. Has a two way clip that can be placed on either end of the light.

I like it and it does what I was looking for in a light.

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Daytona ego sum frater quoque illustrari debent. Tempus est brevis et mundum reditus manet.
Yoh bro; time is short and the world remains the same.

Oh, and I do carry an Ozark Trail from WalMart. I do not have lights on any of my carry guns; I do use laser sighting systems tho. I don’t trust myself to NOT use the gun light as a flashlight.

·
Registered
530 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts