Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good quality belt on a budget. Yes I know it's hard to find both quality and economical but something that's a compromise of the two. Really prefer something other than leather. I'll normally carry my 709 so gun isn't heavy.

I have a hybrid IWB similar to the mini tuck from a local holster maker and I'll probably also get an OWB from him as well.

I don't have my CHL yet but I want to have everything ready when it arrives.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I have a Jake Belt from Tommy Theis that I really like. I'm very hard on belts and this one has held up. I don't know if $60 fits your definition of economical though.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'm looking for a good quality belt on a budget. Yes I know it's hard to find both quality and economical but something that's a compromise of the two. Really prefer something other than leather. I'll normally carry my 709 so gun isn't heavy.

I have a hybrid IWB similar to the mini tuck from a local holster maker and I'll probably also get an OWB from him as well.

I don't have my CHL yet but I want to have everything ready when it arrives.
I use a 5.11 Tactical 1 3/4" Operator belt @ about $45-$50. It's not a "dress up" belt but I don't "dress up" so it works well for me.

Reactions: Paul81

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I daily wear a belt I got at a local army surplus store from their law enforcement section. It's nylon and uses Velcro. It was only about $20.00. Works great.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I daily wear a belt I got at a local army surplus store from their law enforcement section. It's nylon and uses Velcro. It was only about $20.00. Works great.
That's all that matters.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been looking at some uncle mike's tactical instructors belts.. Around the $30 range. Looking online it's just hard to tell how thick/practical for daily use.. Guess I can hit the LGS's

Thanks for the input, now I have ideas

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
I think I paid $40 for my 5.11 belt about 5 years ago. It's still my main belt and I carry every day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a belt from Bullhide Belts. Twice the thickness of regular belts and solid leather. This belt will probably last my lifetime. I have had it for over a year and carry daily and have not noticed any wear or sagging.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I wear a Tandy Leather belt. It's good quality leather and has held up well and it holds my holster well. When I got mine they weren't very expensive the blanks now are about $19 and you have to get a buckle.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Go to your local police supply store first. I just picked up a double for $26 about a month ago. Made in the USA high quality belt. Outstanding support for any gun I carry. Compact or full size.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
My favorite is an Uncle Mike's Instructor's belt. Casual and Velcro closure (infinitely adjustable) - STIFF and cost effective. I'm not a big UM fan but the belt rocks. Check eBay / Amazon. 20-something Iirc.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Been looking at some uncle mike's tactical instructors belts.. Around the $30 range. Looking online it's just hard to tell how thick/practical for daily use.. Guess I can hit the LGS's

Thanks for the input, now I have ideas
Blackhawk makes a similar belt which can occasionally be found in the shooting supplies area in Walmart for around $30-40.

·
10,379 Posts
I still prefer the Hank's Amish belt. Under $30 and still has no signs of stretching (I forgot how long I've had this thing..over a year of daily use I know that much). I got the one with the toolwork on the leather, easy to dress up or down with.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I still prefer the Hank's Amish belt. Under $30 and still has no signs of stretching (I forgot how long I've had this thing..over a year of daily use I know that much). I got the one with the toolwork on the leather, easy to dress up or down with.
I was wondering how long before someone mentioned him. I bought one of his belts 4 years ago. It is my daily wear belt. I have carry my PT145 and my Glock 20 with it and there is no signs of wear. Definitely recommend

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I have a belt similar to the double hole Amish belt. Great belt; it's held up nicely.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
My favorite is an Uncle Mike's Instructor's belt. Casual and Velcro closure (infinitely adjustable) - STIFF and cost effective. I'm not a big UM fan but the belt rocks. Check eBay / Amazon. 20-something Iirc.
I use it on days when I OWB carry - I also use it in competition with a Glock 34 in a Comptac holster. It holds the guns straight and does the job or I would not wear it!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I am also trying to find a good belt. I almost always wear jeans and I want and need something heavy enough so I can carry 1911 Remington. I think one of our sponsors makes a heavy belt and is signed by his grandson. Thanks. I'll go look him up..:)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 38 Posts