Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my serial number in Taurus's database and discovered my PT 92 it was made in 1986. The recoil spring works fine, but I would like to buy a spare. Any suggestions on who makes a quality recoil spring, and what pound should I buy? Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,745 Posts
I ran my serial number in Taurus's database and discovered my PT 92 it was made in 1986. The recoil spring works fine, but I would like to buy a spare. Any suggestions on who makes a quality recoil spring, and what pound should I buy? Thanks.
Recoil Spring replacement largely depends upon the number and power level of the average use of your handgun. If your handgun is operating normally and you cannot detect excessive battering of the Frame from the Slide, than it's probably still okay.

That said, Wolff Gunsprings makes very good replacement Gun Springs, which include Recoil Springs. The Standard Factory Recoil Spring for the Taurus PT92 is rated at 13 lb.s. In my personal PT92, I run and recommend a Wolff 15 lb extra power Recoil Spring. It's my opinion that the Factory Recoil Spring is too light and formulated to reliably operate the Pistol with weak/target ammunition. I do not recommend running a heavier Spring than 15 lb's, unless you plan to run very high powered ammunition on a regular basis. The 15 lb Wolff Spring will handle Standard and +P power level ammunition very nicely and will also further dampen felt recoil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.