Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New PT 111 G2 2nd time on the range the recoil failed. Is this a requiring problem with this gun? I do not want a gun that will just fall apart under light use.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Failed in what way? More information and possibly pictures are needed to get any real determination of the problems you're experiencing.

·
Registered
36,474 Posts
Personally I wouldn't want a gun that would FALL APART under any kind of use!
But like the man said, you gotta give more info/ pictures if you want help.
junk in-- junk out, good info in-- good answers out.
and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
New PT 111 G2 2nd time on the range the recoil failed. Is this a requiring problem with this gun? I do not want a gun that will just fall apart under light use.
Hello jmminnc,

Although it is uncommon for the G2 to have it's recoil spring immediately fail catastrophically, it is not an entirely unknown issue for having a problem arise. An end of the spring coil at times can pop over it's retention (end of guide rod). This can be simply remedied. However, if part of the guide rod snapped off, then you'll need to contact Taurus for a replacement to be sent to you.
Other than that, we do have a member here who is close to releasing an all steel guide rod assembly upgrade. You can read about that here in this thread:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m.../146124-pt111-g2-steel-guide-rod-project.html

Sorry for your initial misfortune, but I encourage you not to give up on the G2 just yet. It is in fact a fine handgun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you
The outer spring did pop over the end. It looked as it can be forced back but the retaining c-clamp is bent so it would happen again. I would not trust my skill in repairing it. I did just order a replacement for the recoil spring. I also have the 24/7 45cal. It is much lager but I could see how it is when right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts