Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got finished rebluing my "new" model 82, and remembered I needed to clean some guns from a shoot I had done not too long ago. The 740 and the Sig 2022 clean quickly and easily, as does the 24/7. But when I try to get the 24/7 back together, the slide won't go back. I wonder what's going on, and pull it back apart. I start to pull the recoil spring out and ZING! a part of it goes flying off somewhere, and I'm left with a dumbfounded look on my face. So i'm left with 2 springs, a hollow metal tube, and a busted plastic shaft.

I guess I call taurus tomorrow. :D

·
Super Moderator
35,550 Posts
Yow...bad news. I bought a new one for my PT 145 when I was buying other parts as it came to me used and I was in the dark about round count. I saved the old one as a backup since it was still working. It shouldn't take them long to get you another to keep on shooting.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is too bad, I am sure customer service will send you a new one in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
after 3k+ rounds, i replaced the recoil spring assembly on my 24/7 pro 9mm. i also have the stricker/firing pin spring assembly on ready just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts