Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this happen? The button on the end of the recoil spring assembly split in half. I was looking at it and it looks like it went a little to high and did not drop back down quick enough before the slide got there to get out of the way. Taurus was wanting me to send the spring assembly in. I got them to send me the new one first. Just thought I would see if anyone else has had this happen.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I bought a metal guide rod assembly from taurus. It was $9.80 with shipping. Hopefully this will fix the problems. They said it is from a 2Nd Gen. but they said it should work on my 3Rd Gen.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Was it for the PT111? Please keep us up to date on how it works as to fit and function. I would like to have one made of metal as well.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was on the PT-145. He said it was a generational thing so I would assume the PT-111 2Nd Gen. would have a metal guide rod as well. Once I get it in the firearm I will post as to weather or not it works.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well received the metal guide rod today. It unfortunately does not fit. Neither did the original replacement. The one they sent me that was supposedly the stock part sticks about a half inch out past the slide and has a smaller spring. Called Taurus and let them know and the lady was pretty rude. She told me they would re-send it but they sent me the right one. First time they have ever been rude.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: They do not have the correct guide rod for mine with no ETA on when it will be available. Thank goodness for the Davidson's Guarantee. I think I am just going to ship it back to the guy I got it from and get a new one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
nakedbaboon said:
Well received the metal guide rod today. It unfortunately does not fit. Neither did the original replacement. The one they sent me that was supposedly the stock part sticks about a half inch out past the slide and has a smaller spring. Called Taurus and let them know and the lady was pretty rude. She told me they would re-send it but they sent me the right one. First time they have ever been rude.

Update: They do not have the correct guide rod for mine with no ETA on when it will be available.
That right there is enough to change my mind on buying the PT145. Thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mine, mine just didnt brake in half it came all the way off, and the double striker stopped working, I returned mine to the dealer for a different gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why oh why would they use plastic there?!
I was scratching my head after my first disassembly. Come on, make it metal! It moves and is pivotal to function!
Keep us posted if you find a metal guide/spring assembly that fits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts