Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a PT-111 G2 but haven't had the chance to shoot one yet. My father in-law has the 24/7 compact 9mm and I had the chance to shoot that with the short mag. It seemed like it had quite a bit of recoil compared to say the SR9c or XD sc. Does anyone have any experience with the Mill G2 and the 24/7 compact? I was just wondering how the recoil is in the G2.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I don't own the PT111 G2 but I shot my friends' PT111 G2 pistols a few times. The recoil was very soft to me, I do not think it has more recoil than the SR9c that I own. I have the PT145 Pro 3rd gen that I love so much and even the PT145 recoil was soft for a compact .45. I have the 24/7 Pro C DS in .45 & 9mm and the 24/7 G2C .45. They have soft recoils, too. That's the main reason I love Taurus compacts.

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
I have no idea of your shooting experience level, but my PT-111 G2's are relatively "soft recoiling" for their size to weight ratio.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might be going to the LGS tomorrow to try one out! If I like it I'm going to try to talk my wife into ordering two! I'm planning on bringing her along so she can shoot it too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts