Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Many of you would be comfortable packet carrying in a holster like this? Anyone got any experience with Recluse?

Recluse Holster

The trigger is blocked from motion on the front and back sides, but I am still not sure if I would be comfortable with it. Plus, the draw seems like it would be un-natural to me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I carry a PT709, so I don't think it's an option for me. If I had a TCP or something similar I may go for that. I'm not sure the back pocket of my jeans is big enough though. Also, I know I'll sound cheap saying this, but they seem a little pricey to me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I carry my TCP in my back pocket in a holster that has an anti-print panel on it, but the trigger is fully covered on each side. I think the Recluse holster would be ok as when you put your fingers on the grip to draw, it would push panel with the part that surrounds the trigger clear of the trigger. I do not think that holster would be comfortable though to sit on for very long. And I think it's pretty pricey.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have one and use it any time I carry the Keltec p3at. It holds very well. The trigger isn't moving unless it gets out of the holster. When you put a finger behind the pistol to draw it clears the trigger hold and draws easily from there. I like mine.

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Call me an old fart, but I want my holsters to cover the trigger, no matter how 'foolproof' it is.

Reactions: McE

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Still looks dangerous.

If your pants pockets are tight enough to keep this thing secured against your leg on one side, then your pockets are too tight for a quick draw.
If your pants pockets are loose enough for you to get in there to unhook it laterally before you draw, then your pockets are too loose to secure it against your leg.

Seems like a less secure, slower draw versus a tradition pocket holster.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
I want my trigger covered.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Although I do pocket carry my TCP, I don't like doing it. I've just been to busy/lazy to make me an IWB.
For ME I just can't draw it quick enough, unless my hand is already in my pocket. This could be because of my cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holster,or it could just be me.. I need to invest in a quality pocket holster or get motivated and experiment building one I like.

As far as the original question?? I'd feel better with the trigger totally covered. Just my opinion

·
Registered
27,323 Posts
While I might not be as old as TTG and FKL (They're old!), I want my trigger covered.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I wouldn't carry that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts