Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my SmartCarry holster last week and have been wearing it all week to make sure I like it. I know some of you have posted on this holster and that helped me with my decision so I going to add another opinion. First Im 6'0" and 190lbs (since it appears body shape my play a factor on liking this holster) I dress businnes casual with shirts tucked in 85%-90% of the time, which is the main reason I was drawn to this holster. I'm happy to say I am really pleased with this thing; its comfortable through all range of movements, and conceals very nicely. My wife says she can never tell when I have it on. As others have noted the gun does imprint slighly just below the front pocket in jeans, but nobody is going to be looking for that. In pleated dress paints its virtually invisible. It take a little bit of getting used to drawing (practice unloaded of course), but seems easy enough. Overall I like this holster alot, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

B

·
Registered
29 Posts
By the time I get my belt tight enough to hold up my pants I don't think I'd be able to get to my gun. I know I can't get my hand under my belt to scratch anything that itches without loosening the belt.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
bwhit4 said:
Overall I like this holster alot, just thought I'd share my thoughts.
Thanks for the report. SmartCarry is high up on my holster shopping list and will likely be one of my next purchases. It is always good to hear from others who are actually using a specific brand of holster. I can't see Consumer Reports doing a spread on CCW holsters anytime soon. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
comet66 said:
By the time I get my belt tight enough to hold up my pants I don't think I'd be able to get to my gun. I know I can't get my hand under my belt to scratch anything that itches without loosening the belt.
Got a good laugh from that one myself. I'm still laughing. Good thing I'm at work and nobody here to see it. Wife gives me strange looks when I do that at home. :rolleyes:

Lack of a waist and white man butt is a problem for many of us. It's not like your digging for clams. You only have to get your fingers in there to grab the gun.

I like the smartcarry myself. Don't use it all the time but for certain situations and dress it is great. I usually carry IWB with a highnoon holster, but love the smartcarry for when I'm running around in swim trunks(no belt). Having a pool in the backyard and no dress code at work that's what I wear all summer. Can't think of anything else that would conceal with that on. ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love my Smart Carry. When wearing pleated dress slacks I can wear it at 12:00 with the shirt tucked. If wearing jeans I usually wear it at 4:00 with the grip just an inch or two above the belt line with an untucked shirt. I like the fact that it is independent of the pants and belt. I interchange my PT145 and Glock 19 and both conceal very well in this holster. It is also more comfortable than my leather IWB since it is denim and doesn't add much thickness.

I highly recommend Smart Carry!

:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts