Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six-month notification of the expiration arrived last month. Went online, verified information, paid my $35 via credit card, and 20 days later my new license is here. Quick turnaround!

Man, is the new one ugly though! Almost monochrome. Otherwise, good job, Texas DPS.

Now I'm good until March, 2026.

·
Super Moderator
35,550 Posts
Good for you guys. ILLinois cost about 250 bucks with a two hour class and practical range time and the fee for the bottomless pit called ILLinois spending. The permit is tied to driver's license so once I move to another state the permit becomes void, not even being able to use up the five years.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
All you have to do in Texas is pay your $25 now and they send you the new license. No re-up on the shooting test or anything. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Czechbikr: That's really a shame. You gotta get outta there!

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
My TX LTC is ugly, too! But I think the picture is more to blame than the art work, to be honest.
When they take your photo for driver license renewal, I swear those people are trained to snap the picture when you least expect it!:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
When they take your photo for driver license renewal, I swear those people are trained to snap the picture when you least expect it!:D
The worst part for me is that they reuse your TXDL pic, instead of the one they take when you get your fingerprints. I lost 65 pounds, but still have my "fat pic" on my TXDL. I was excited at the prospect of getting a better picture on my LTC, but they just used the same ol' pic they had on file. Sigh...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts