Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a crossbreed holster on June 27th and I got in in the mail July 12. I tried it out today and I am very happy with it. I am a new CCW permitie, so I have to get a little more used to concealed carry. I need to make shure not to reach to much or bend over lol, but It seems to conceal my 24/7 C very well under a semi-loose fitting polo shirt. The only other holster that I have is a Fobus padle holster, and it is good for the farm. However, I can't really conceal it unless I am wearing a huge Carhart coat. I went to Subway.....watch out Walmart here I come lol.

·
Administrator
40,374 Posts
Congrats on the permit, and the new holster. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, the biggest thing to remember is stop checking to see if it is covered. I know the first day I wanted to keep checking. Then I went to a 5 hour meeting with 60 other concealed carriers, and found that no body really cares. The general public unless you totally uncover is clueless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
+1 I just started CC using my P3AT in a pocket holster back wallet area. I'm trying out tucked and untucked. I know the back part of the pistol is exposed by the 1/8" pocket opening at top which makes me constently tap it down or verify my shirt is covering it. When I go to push it down, it's not up or out of the pocket, it didn't even move. I'm just getting comfortable in feeling that no one knows what it is or even notices.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats!
Post a few pics please with your Taurus in the holster so we can see whats up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will post some pictures tomorrow. I am at work now. I understand what you are saying about relaxing. You have to know what to look for to even tell that it is there, but I want to keep double checking my self anyway. I am legal, but I still get nervous for some reason.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Congrats on the new holster, now all we need are pictures.

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is what a Taurus 24/7 OSS 45 looks like in a Crossbreed IWB that was originally built for a Taurus PT140... Fits like a glove.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
nice i bet it conceals good, i usually go OWB since i like it best but IWB is definitely the way to go if you dont want them to know.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks Comfortable too!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes it is comfortable. I have used a Crossbreed for a 5" Kimber 1911, a PT140, and now a 24/7 OSS and every one has carried very comfortable. Some days i have it on for up to 12 hours and once i got over the "newness", sometimes i have to check to make sure it is still there.

·
Registered
509 Posts
James41 said:
Yes it is comfortable. I have used a Crossbreed for a 5" Kimber 1911, a PT140, and now a 24/7 OSS and every one has carried very comfortable. Some days i have it on for up to 12 hours and once i got over the "newness", sometimes i have to check to make sure it is still there.
Now that is I wanted to hear!
Its a hard day wearing an ISP holster most times!
If you forget it, it must work.
I figure that Big piece of leather that is the base for that rig may make it comfortable, bit you know how look can be deceiving!

·
Registered
147 Posts
On the larger guns like the 5" Kimber 1911 and the Taurus 24/7 i find that adjusting the cant to a slight forward position and putting the holster at the 3:30 to 4 position allows the muzzle of the gun to miss the butt so it doesn't dig in. On the shorter 3" PT140 i can carry that with no cant at all and not have it rubbing wrong so a long day carrying doesn't really give any problem.

The large piece of leather after you have worn it for awhile in a certain position will kind of bend to the shape of your body and is really quite comfortable, or at least it has been for me. Right now i am sitting here and have been for almost 5 hours with a new Springfield XD 45 in the Crossbreed holster that the 24/7 was in. Fits just fine and unless i just set my mind to actually think about it i just don't realize that it is there.

And no, i am not connected in any way other than as a well pleased customer of Crossbreed Holsters. I spent a lot of money on holsters trying to find a good fit before finally getting a Crossbreed. I have two of them now and can carry 3 different guns in the one holster so it was a great purchase for me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
James41 said:
On the larger guns like the 5" Kimber 1911 and the Taurus 24/7 i find that adjusting the cant to a slight forward position and putting the holster at the 3:30 to 4 position allows the muzzle of the gun to miss the butt so it doesn't dig in. On the shorter 3" PT140 i can carry that with no cant at all and not have it rubbing wrong so a long day carrying doesn't really give any problem.

The large piece of leather after you have worn it for awhile in a certain position will kind of bend to the shape of your body and is really quite comfortable, or at least it has been for me. Right now i am sitting here and have been for almost 5 hours with a new Springfield XD 45 in the Crossbreed holster that the 24/7 was in. Fits just fine and unless i just set my mind to actually think about it i just don't realize that it is there.

And no, i am not connected in any way other than as a well pleased customer of Crossbreed Holsters. I spent a lot of money on holsters trying to find a good fit before finally getting a Crossbreed. I have two of them now and can carry 3 different guns in the one holster so it was a great purchase for me.
I never thought you were Sir, It's nice to know something works.
Heck I have given away 10K in holsters over the years I just did not like.
Pre Internet, I could not get "Real World INfo" Like you are sharing with us!
Thank You

·
Registered
509 Posts
Second_Life said:
Do you need to use a size larger pants for the supertuck?
I do not know why you would want to wear your standard size slacks with an ISP rig.
Just too uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts