Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Jack Ross only has free shopping to Nevada, Utah, and California; $12.50/case for everyone else. Have you tried Jack Ross 9 mm? Does it leave a lot of residue?
When I ordered my case of 500 .45, the Jack Ross website said this it was "Free Shipping" (I have a PDF of the page), and was not charged for shipping.

I have not bought any JackRoss 9mm, but the Freedom 9mm was no dirtier than the major name brands (Remington Green Box, Federal Champion, etc.)

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Being a man of my word...Bite, chew, chomp, swallow.....another bite, gring, chomp, chew, swallow. This is me eating my words. FM did fill the missing 9mm ammo and shipped it. I just received it, packaged well and in good order. Even the boxes were as one would expect to see in a retail store.

·
32,696 Posts
Being a man of my word...Bite, chew, chomp, swallow.....another bite, gring, chomp, chew, swallow. This is me eating my words. FM did fill the missing 9mm ammo and shipped it. I just received it, packaged well and in good order. Even the boxes were as one would expect to see in a retail store.
Don't feel too alone. Lately it seems online internet businesses I've had to deal with send out a shipment. It arrives and several days later I get a e-mail saying things were shipped and arrivng in a few days. :)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I received my order from Freedom Munitions last week and got to take some of them to the range today. I ordered a bunch of their "Blaster" training ammo and I cannot tell what the visual blemishes are. All of the ammo was bright and shiny and looked as good as the WWB or Federal that I have used. The 38 specials were boxed loose in boxes of 50 and the 40 S&W and 9MM were in boxes of 250. The 38s were segregated in silver cases and brass cases which I though was kind of neat.

At the range I went through 50 rounds of 38 and 40S&W with absolutely no problems, every round fed properly and was as accurate as the other range ammo I have fired. I did not think it was any dirtier than other cheap range ammo I have fired and cleaned up easily. Overall I am satisfied and will order again.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Glad your pleased and I appreciate the report. I haven't had the opportunity to sample what I have received as of yet.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I received my order from Freedom Munitions last week and got to take some of them to the range today. I ordered a bunch of their "Blaster" training ammo and I cannot tell what the visual blemishes are. All of the ammo was bright and shiny and looked as good as the WWB or Federal that I have used. The 38 specials were boxed loose in boxes of 50 and the 40 S&W and 9MM were in boxes of 250. The 38s were segregated in silver cases and brass cases which I though was kind of neat.

At the range I went through 50 rounds of 38 and 40S&W with absolutely no problems, every round fed properly and was as accurate as the other range ammo I have fired. I did not think it was any dirtier than other cheap range ammo I have fired and cleaned up easily. Overall I am satisfied and will order again.

My 500 rounds of .40 Blaster arrived in Texas last Friday, 9 days after I ordered it online.

I went to the range and fired about 200 rounds of the .40 Blaster in a PT 640, PT740, Glock 22, and my new Ruger SR40C. I also fired about 200 rounds of other .40 ammo.

In ALL of the pistols, the .40 Blaster functioned flawlessly. It was no dirtier than any of the other .40 EXCEPT for the box of .40 Herter's (Cabela's - CCI) Blazer with the blue nylon jacketed bullets. The Herter's-Blazer was extremely clean.

As far as the "Grade B" status of the Blaster ammo, I could NOT find anything out of the ordinary such as tarnished or discolored cases to render it "Grade B". It looked NO DIFFERENT than my "first quality reloads".

I would have absolutely no qualms about purchasing the Freedom Blaster again in any caliber!

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have already figured that at some point I will try the Blaster ammo. For the price it maybe worth giving a shot.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I've used the blaster in 9mm 45acp and .223...I can't speak highly enough of the quality of the ammo. It is a great value!

I've already chewed up 20% of my order in about a month! Waiting for a special to be ran that has been promised on their facebook page.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
If you see the special let us know. I am going to get some more of this ammo.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Got an opportunity to do some firing of this ammo. All of it was new, on remanufactured or Blaster. I fired 100 rounds of 9mm with no problem, 50 rounds of .45acp with no problem, and 100 rounds of .40s&w with one fail to chamber half way. Tried it a couple of times and each time it failed to chamber in two different pistols. Looked it over very close and could not find any reason for it, so it was discarded.

·
Banned
893 Posts
I never have a problem, I buy their new ammo so they come in boxed 50rd with boxed separator like new ammo you get anywhere but the prices are fantastic compared too......

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeap, this was new and it didn't have any separators in the boxes of the 40 cal or the 45 cal I purchased.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hmm... price of 9 mm Blaster increased $14 on 1 April. If you do attempt to check out it's still at the old-er price of $165 (and it was $155 a month ago!).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hmm... price of 9 mm Blaster increased $14 on 1 April. If you do attempt to check out it's still at the old-er price of $165 (and it was $155 a month ago!).
But even with shipping putting it at $200-215/1000 it's cheaper than I can buy locally, and I can't buy bulk local. I'm on their email notification and will only buy when on sale/special.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have ordered from them several times before and never had a problem. I did notice that the prices went up a little bit

21 - 36 of 36 Posts