Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed my order back on the 5th of the month and received it today the 13th. Not impressed with the way the shipping carton was packed, the quality of the individual box that the ammo was packaged in or the quality control in filling the order. The boxes that the .40s&w ammo was packaged in was so thin that I had 100 loose rounds of .40s&w ammo rolling around in the shipping carton. The .40s&w ammo was bulk packaged with no tray. The two boxes of .223 ammo was open but the ammo did remain in the boxes due to filler paper holding things in place. The two boxes of .45acp were also bulk packaged, yet in the photos on the website show to be loaded in a plastic holder/tray as it also appeared on the .40s&w. The .38spl and 44mag ammo were in a good stable box with the plastic trays to hold the ammo in place.
Then as a kink in the pants, they failed to fill the entire order and shorted me 250 rounds of 115 9mm ammo. I did call customer service to report the claim and was offered a refund, a store credit or have the ammo shipped. Since I had already paid for the ammo and shipping, plus the prices have already gone up, I requested the order to be filled and shipped to me. I was told the person who I was speaking with would contact everyone who would need to me made aware of the situation and get things straight then sent on the way. I asked if I would be receiving a tracking number and was told yes..or that is would just show up one day and watch for it.

So far, not impressed with the company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This company treated me great

I ordered 250 .40 S&W from them and 50 .223 Rounds.

The .40 were amazing and I had no FTF, Stovepipes, or jams.

the .223 rounds were crap so I took a picture and they sent me a a replacement box, and then they followed up with a 2nd E-Mail and said they were going to send me a extra box for my trouble.

I am sure that if you let them know what problems that you had they will do what they can to correct them. I work in retail management and I have learned that sometimes no matter what you do you can not make every customer happy, and no product is free from defects. If they replace and correct there mistakes that is what important.

Widow.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
What packs did you buy?

The website states that all blaster (what I buy) is bulk packed loose, except for 308.

All of my ammo:
couple k of 9mm blaster - loaded in 250 count boxes 4 boxes to a box, with packing paper on top
k of .45 not blaster (out of stock) so reman - came in 50 round boxes
k of .223 blaster - came in 50 round loose packed boxes

Packaging looked great, I did have to email, because my order hadn't been processed for 4 days. But I received a quick email back and a tracking number within 3 hours of my email. I'm happy with Freedom Munitions, they will be getting my business as long as they stay consistent with their pricing.

Sorry for your runaround, I imagine they're busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ordered a 250 round box of new not remanufactured .40s&w and received 5 boxes of 50 each. Of course the 250 rounds of 9mm I didn't receive. None of what I ordered was Blaster ammo, everything was new except 50 rounds of 38spl. which was remanufactured
And I ordered two boxes of .223, one new, one remanufactured...I wanted to be able to compare the two.

I didn't even know they offered the Blaster ammo.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I work in retail management and I have learned that sometimes no matter what you do you can not make every customer happy, and no product is free from defects. If they replace and correct there mistakes that is what important. Widow.
My career was retail management, and I always bent over backwards to please a customer, even those who would have appeared to never be satisfied.

I guess what really got my crawl was being told that "I will tell the other people who will need to know and take care of it". I don't want to hear that I will pass along your complaint/problem, I want to hear that the issue will be corrected....period.

The second part that set wrong with me was being told that I would not have to pay the shipping to have my shortage sent to me...that they would cover the expense....Duh Really, I already paid for the shipping, your doing me no big favor by not charging me for what I already paid for....just give me what I paid for.

I guess to be honest, I felt more comfortable with being able to resolve the situation before I spoke with the person on the other end of the line. I hope I am wrong, and if I am, I will be the first to post a reply and admitt it.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just posted a range report about the Freedom Munitions .45 reloads in 2 of my pistols:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/reloads/65451-range-report-freedom-munitions-45-reloads-sr1911-pt145-mil-pro.html
I have read your post, and was pleased as to your findings.

I almost posted my experience in the other post of a "Review on FM". That post has now gone on for around 8 pages. However, as often happens that post has turned from the Original Post to almost a total different subject matter. Began as a review of an experience dealing with Freedom Munitions to the cost of self reloading ones personal ammo.

I am in hope that "FM" does follow through and everything is make correct in a prompt manner....but sometimes you just get a Gut Feeling.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
"I guess what really got my crawl was being told that "I will tell the other people who will need to know and take care of it". I don't want to hear that I will pass along your complaint/problem, I want to hear that the issue will be corrected....period."

You were talking to a receptionist type, not production, not even shipping. What you were told was probably the truth, and the limit of that person's abilities to rectify the problem. I fail to see where that is a problem to anyone but, perhaps, a former retail personage.

Pictures are nice, but the wording of the sales description is final. Bulk ammo is just that, shipped in bulk. It's always been that way.

Actually, if you feel that the containers are unsatisfactory, just don't order any more. Personally, I've always felt that the performance of the ammunition is paramount. I routinely transfer bulk purchases into MTM boxes, labeled with pertinent information. That way, it's easier to transport, and much easier to keep track of.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Customer Service and Tech Support, I feel very positive that I was not speaking with a receptionist. Either way, I did not get the feeling of the problem being followed through on. Again, I may be incorrect in this assessment, and hope that I am.

I keep going back to the website and can find no where that it mentions that new ammo is shipped in bulk packaging.

As for the quality of the boxes that the .40 ammo was shipped in, I do feel it is of poor design and strength. I Ziplock bag would at the very least contained the 50 rounds packed in the boxes that failed to do so.

I did send an Email to FM as a follow up in writting to confirm the previous phone inquiry to Customer Service, I have not received a reply as of this time.

AS for my choice to place another order, chances are I won't.....but I would sure as heck like to receive what I have paid for.

On the positive side of this experience, I now appreciate SGA Customer Service even more than I have in the past. SGA did have a problem with the first order I placed with them. However there communications and customer service gave you the security that the situation was not the norm and was handled in a professional manner.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I just ordered a 500 round case (my second order) of .40 S&W of 180gr FN-FMJ Blaster ammo (cosmetic "B" grade). I used the Chet-1 discount code, which only saved me about $3, but I know that they ship very quickly.

Jack Ross beat them in price by about $1 per box of 50 (including shipping). but jack Ross says that they may not ship until mid-April. I am still waiting for my Jack Ross .45 order from a month ago.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had checked out Jack Ross also. But wasn't to crazy about having to pay in advance for ammo that was 4 to 6 weeks from even being manufactured and shipped. With my "FM" order I used the Chet-1 discount code and saved $6 which I kind of looked at as more of a offset to the shipping cost. I also opted to ship by FedEx rather than UPS it saved me around $6 in shipping cost. However it took a long time from the shipping date to the arrival date. I usually get ammo orders from SGA in two days via UPS, however it is only coming from OK to TX.

Overall, I find that when shipping is added into an ammo purchase online, the cost vs a local retail store is very little savings if any. I do save 8.25% in taxes, but as of late shipping seems to average 12% to 16%. What I do appreciate is the convience of being able to order 24/7 and have it delivered to my door. Not having to put up with traffic and some members of the human race is just an added bonus!!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Overall, I find that when shipping is added into an ammo purchase online, the cost vs a local retail store is very little savings if any. I do save 8.25% in taxes, but as of late shipping seems to average 12% to 16%. What I do appreciate is the convience of being able to order 24/7 and have it delivered to my door. Not having to put up with traffic and some members of the human race is just an added bonus!!!
Buy more! my shipping was 8% of my order, but when I ordered they were still doing an introductory deal with 10% off total order, paid for my shipping and then some.

When I order stuff online I always try to bulk together orders, instead of ordering one or two things I'll just wait til I need something else, or just order multiple of expendable items.

Just a tip

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I order, it is usually a nice size order. The order that I am waiting on to be completed from "FM" is the smallest order I have ever placed for ammo. It was/is an assortment of different caliber rounds with a totaling over 800 rounds. I have notice with in the last few weeks shipping cost have been on the rise.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
gas has gone up almost 75 cents in the last 2 months, that's a pretty good shipping price barometer.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As of this evening I am still waiting. Figure I will give it until day after tomorrow before I get excited about it again.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I just ordered a 500 round case (my second order) of .40 S&W of 180gr FN-FMJ Blaster ammo (cosmetic "B" grade). I used the Chet-1 discount code, which only saved me about $3, but I know that they ship very quickly.

Jack Ross beat them in price by about $1 per box of 50 (including shipping). but Jack Ross says that they may not ship until mid-April. I am still waiting for my Jack Ross .45 order from a month ago.
My FreedomMunitions order was shipped on Thursday by FedEx ground, and tracking shows that it will be here mid-week next week. If the FedEx tracking is correct, this is my second order from Freedom to make it to SE Texas in under a week from the date of order.

This sees like good service to me.

BTW I am still waiting on my JackRoss .45 order from a month ago. My original order was for 500 rds .45ACP 230grFMJ for $140 with free shipping. Checking the JackRoss website today, they are out of stock, but now listed at $179/500 without free shipping

·
Registered
703 Posts
My FreedomMunitions order was shipped on Thursday by FedEx ground, and tracking shows that it will be here mid-week next week. If the FedEx tracking is correct, this is my second order from Freedom to make it to SE Texas in under a week from the date of order.

This sees like good service to me.

BTW I am still waiting on my JackRoss .45 order from a month ago. My original order was for 500 rds .45ACP 230grFMJ for $140 with free shipping. Checking the JackRoss website today, they are out of stock, but now listed at $179/500 without free shipping
My second order (ordered 10th, shipped 15th) is also expected to arrive this Wednesday (21st). Like the last time: I placed order over the weekend, but the order was only shipped on Wed or Thu. I just need to order earlier, I guess.

Jack Ross only has free shopping to Nevada, Utah, and California; $12.50/case for everyone else. Have you tried Jack Ross 9 mm? Does it leave a lot of residue?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts