Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks for this! My father-in-law and his sister each have one!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called Beretta and my NEOs is involved in the recall. I forund that when checking on the web site you must enter your serial number prefix in upper case or it won't be listed. I inquired why registered owners haven't been notified and the rep replied "To my knowledge letters have been sent out." I didn't receive a letter but just stumbled on the recall notice on their web site. If they did send a letter, it makes me wonder why the Post office isn't doing well.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Thats a pretty old recall actually.
Both of mine are near 2 years old and 1 already had the firing pin fitted with the new version when they left the factory.
there may still be a few floating around out there that have not been retro fitted but this was pretty common knowledge , I think there is still a notice of this recall here on the boards?
maybe a sticky in the gunsmith section????
and not to get on my soapbox here, but how many times do you hear even here , no need to send in the warranty card or register the gun online cause Taurus has a lifetime warranty??
well yea but they may just have recall, if you don't send in the warranty cards the manufactures likely don't know how to get in touch with ya.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting...My NEOs is about two years old also...In fact I mailed my registration card on 12/18/09...Still haven't received anything in the mail, but the gun is all packaged up and ready to be shipped out tomorrow. I wouldn't have known anything about the recall if I hadn't stumbled onto it on Beretta's web site. If it was common knowledge, it wasn't to me.

Thats a pretty old recall actually.
Both of mine are near 2 years old and 1 already had the firing pin fitted with the new version when they left the factory.
there may still be a few floating around out there that have not been retro fitted but this was pretty common knowledge , I think there is still a notice of this recall here on the boards?
maybe a sticky in the gunsmith section????
and not to get on my soapbox here, but how many times do you hear even here , no need to send in the warranty card or register the gun online cause Taurus has a lifetime warranty??
well yea but they may just have recall, if you don't send in the warranty cards the manufactures likely don't know how to get in touch with ya.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Gosh, every web site had the posting (well at least all that I visit), and about every gun magazine had it plastered in them, Beretta really did get the word out very well.
I got a shipping label via E/mail both times I had t return my Neos ( 2 different problems) one the recall!
I just took it to the shipping facility and dropped it off.
I guess they do things differently from time to time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I missed the boat. Just recently pulled the Neos out and began using it again. I'm still surprised that, as a registered owner, I didn't receive anything in the mail, or even by email since I put my email address on the registration form.

I filled out their online form this afternoon, got a tracking number, and UPS is supposed to pick the package up at my home tomorrow...Can't beat that. Beretta claims the turnaround time is 3 weeks to a month.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Like I have said many times every manufacturer has a problem now and then, which just goes to show anything that is made by man will have a problem sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I can't remember when the recall on the Neos was, maybe the fall of 2010.

I do know that Beretta did not send me any letter or email, even though I registered my Neos with them to get the 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I too registered to get the extra two year warranty. I register all my guns and most other stuff just to be notified in the event of a recall. I'm still getting mail notifications on recalls for a motorhome that I no longer have. Oh well, the Neos should be on its way today sometime.

I do know that Beretta did not send me any letter or email, even though I registered my Neos with them to get the 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts

Yea, theres a post on it floating around here somewhere, likely in other handguns!
I don't remember the exact date either, but as mentioned has been a while back.
I didn't recieve a notice of recall either , course i hadn't had the weapon very long, but did see the recall notices that were placed in magazines etc.
Beretta was good to me on both occasions, the second time the gun was replaced and he gunsmith that was working on it actully called me and told me they were just swapping the gun out, three days later the new gun was in my hands, and by the way no FFL transfer as it was a replacement weapon, just saying!!!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I sent my Neos in for the recall, and it was six+ weeks before I received it back. They must have had quite a backlog. However, when I opened the box I was pleased to note that they had replaced the slide (I bought my Neos used), as well as the rear sight. I wasn't expecting that, so it made the long wait a little more worthwhile.

·
Registered
185 Posts

I never got a letter and only today discovered this. Oh well. I've had no mishaps with mine so far. I will send it in after I complete my upcoming move. Don't want to confuse them and have them send it back to my old address! Kind of poor timing because I'm actually moving out to the country where I can setup a range in my "back yard" and shoot at will finally! But at least I have my new Taurus 605 Protector Poly that is just waiting for me to move so I can break her in properly. :)

EDIT: I did run my U22 Neos' serial number at the Beretta site and sure enough I need to send mine in. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts