Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
32,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293984

This is a good reason why people come here or go to other gun specific gun forums for membership or to get real world answers to their quieries.

Seems the trolls and bashers at the larger gun forums are getting a bit out of control in every respect.

I noticed that even at threads where a new purchase was made and the owner was satisfied, the trolls jumped all over the guy and the product.

THR has just such a thread going on right now.

In the interests of diplomacy I'm not going to bring THR and TFL's troubles here that often. The fact that this is allowed to happen there is even more disturbing.

Since trolls and bashers cannot be reasoned with it makes sense not to try.
Just couldn't let them get away with it at these places,so from time to time the gauntlet is taken up.

Just makes me glad that we have good staff and members to keep things on an even keel.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
The guy that had a dad buy one and complained after it was dug up after what 20 years and it was gumed up and a mess sounds like Dad didn't know how to take care of guns. not the gun it self other than that its typical wha wha wha but never tried one before. Glad I stay around here thanks for a look at the the other forums. Just more reason to stay put. I know we disagree
but haven't seen down right meaness except from a troll here and there. And they don't last long. :)

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Qwiks, when I read that one post where you laid into that one guy, I about dropped the big one! But every word was true, I been posting over there, very limited, but when there is a thread that applys? They either act like your a fly on the wall, or bash the heck out of your comments.
There are still quite a few guys and gals who give fair comments, but not the ones that say we are ignorant and uneducated to even consider a taurus.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm still a new guy here but I have been more than impressed at how kind and helpful everyone is (the staff and members).

·
32,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let them bash away at the comments. They have nothing to hang their hat's on.

It's been apparent that many of these folks never had a Taurus anything.

A goodly number of gripes have been self inflicted, too lazy or ignorant to maintain the gun when needed. Even ignorant of shooting techniques or procedures to be able to hit the bullseye proficiently.

These folks show their true colors well enough. Smart intelligent folk will see that and see them for what they are.

·
32,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the beauty of this place.
Even the new folks are tops. To paraphrase Red Green from the Red Green Show," I'm in there pulling for you. We're all in this together."

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
That is my plan. I will visit TFL, & THR just like always. I am neither worried about bashers, or trolls nor do I get upset when someone does not agree with me.
Hey, who knows I might buy one of their Smiths, Rugar's, or what ever one of these days. They do have some nice guns!

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
I think that's what I like about this forum is if you buy a non-Taurus gun people are happy for you I own 2 Taurus, XD-9, smith 686 and a Llama, browning buck mark and no one has said a bad word about them. other then how do you like them or how do they shoot. you won't find that on other forums. :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
gunfun1002 said:
I'm still a new guy here but I have been more than impressed at how kind and helpful everyone is (the staff and members).
^^^ What he said!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have to say the same staff and members alike friendly and very informative and alot of other topics in here entertaining.
Thank You All

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I've said it before here but it bears repeating: Snobs, trolls, and anti-2nd Amendment types will probably be in our future, regardless. This is in part because Taurus can keep up with the demand for an accessible, quality firearm. Quite simply, there's lots of 'em out there and more coming.

We need to encourage mature students, women, and others at risk to at least consider CCW permits.

My wife is 5' tall & 100 lbs. but carries ominous hardware. How looks deceive...........

smit

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I think that's what I like about this forum is if you buy a non-Taurus gun people are happy for you
+1..that is what it is about right there..We all love shooting and fellowship..who cares what kind of gun you own..

lol...trolls deffinitly don't last long on here and they are spanked and moved on by smart and witty responces and they probally don't even know they should have got offended..lol

Man..I love this forum :D

·
32,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess that's why I go back to THR,TFL, and other forums like them.

It isn't so much as being a "Defender of Taurus' as it is to give guidance or consideration to the people Smithlock mentioned.

In some cases Taurus or Rossi may not be the right choice, hard as that may seem.

Been advising those who are looking to purchase a firearm of Taurus/Rossi products, but also add that looking at the other brands,makes, and models and picking what's right for them is the way to go. Even list a few of the competition's brands and the pros and cons.
Others from here have done the same.

You folks covered the the reasons behind doing all that.

Starting out and having a mentor or guiding sets of hands helps the new unsure folks as well as benefits us all as well.

Everyone here is an ambassador to the shooting arts. It may not seem that way, but that's in part how it is.

Keep it up everyone. It may be a tough road, but the benefits outway the handicaps. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Qwiks, do ya keep your stick on the ice, too? Do women find you handy?
I had to shave off my beard; too many people thought I was Red.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Well, I'm new to the forum as well, I found it by a google search, looking for something else.

I read through all the posts on a weekend (made my eyes hurt from reading them all) and it seems to be a pretty well put together forum.... I've owned Taurus guns for years, never had a problem with any of them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Newbie here but have been shooting for most of my life. I found this forum while looking for more info on the PT 1911 that I got last month. As fine a pistol as it is I knew that someone out there has "tinkered with" there's and didn't want to miss out on a good tip. Like the site a lot and espically now that I don't have to wade thru a bunch of other brand info to find what I'm interested in.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i would'nt even bother, THR is known to be a troll trap.

i dont have an account and very rarely if ever visit it without comign across it in a google search.

they're not all trolls though, taurus does have very real problems.
one guy said good materials, good design, spotty QA and CS.. and all though i never dealt with the CS yet i'd say that pretty much sums them up nicely.

but yes i hate gun snobs as well, i do have a few brands i like better then others but i dont discriminate cause of the price tag, hell thats a selling point in my book!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts