Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
https://news.yahoo.com/man-accidentally-shot-dead-own-200629127.html

Originally reported from the Chicago Sun-Times. The passenger in a car shoots his driver in the head during the commission of a Drive By Shooting.

The Shooter is a convicted Felon on parole. The driver was able to drive 2 miles after being struck in the head at close range by a 40 S&W.

So did the shooter have an Illinois FOID card and is the 40 S&W an adequate self defense caliber if the driver can still drive 2 miles after being shot in the head?
kmw1954 is online now Report Post

There is a poll here right now asking if the 380 is enough!

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
FOID cards are merely another way of forced REGISTRATION so Government knows whom to hit first when it begins to fall apart Caliber size means squat to shot placement .50 AE is dead to a .22 if one can not place shot correctly, Shot in head drive 2 miles once seen where a man talking, walking no complaints other than head ache there was a crowbar driven through his head as matter of fact it has happened more than once..

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Head wound and caliber wars aside, why in the world would anyone drive around looking for someone to shoot?

Maybe it's the new driving-while-black?
I think its probably Driving while being a Gang Banger

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
The FOID card predates the Brady Law by decades. It was enacted in 1968 about the same time the Federal Government was busy enacting the GCA of 1968 which gave us the 4473 form. At this point it is a redundancy on top of the Federal laws, but like all things government in Illinois once enacted you can't get rid of it. You need it to purchase ammo. Except most people in the state are within an hour's drive of another state where you can buy all the ammo you want without one.

I'm doubting the shooter had one.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Illinois the FOID generates revenue also. Provides meaningful jobs for those politically connected. Kind of like working at the Toll Booth.

I certainly does nothing to keep firearms from convicted felons.

Reactions: jtg452 and darbo

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
In Illinois the FOID generates revenue also. Provides meaningful jobs for those politically connected. Kind of like working at the Toll Booth.

I certainly does nothing to keep firearms from convicted felons.
Other than being a tax on honest citizens and giving the government a level of control over things that they have no business interfering with, what is it really good for?

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is a FOID Card really good for?

I have thought about this a number of times, especially when the subject of Background Checks comes up.

My thinking has been that they want Universal Country Wide Checks then why not just issue a National FOID Card. Heck they could also do different levels just like a drivers License. Level One; pass basic background check which would show you have successfully passed a Federal Background check and are not restricted from firearm ownership. Show it when making a purchase and move on. No recording what was purchased or by whom. Level Two proves Level One and includes information for concealed carry and that you have taken required training. Level Three proves Level One and Two and allows for the ownership of fully automatic firearms. No more waiting for an hour or more while the Check comes back every time one goes to make a purchase.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Shooting with 40 cal. from that range, must have just grassed the driver. Shot in the from that range should have been a kill shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts