Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find a good used rear sight the one on the PT 740 I just got has broken. is there any way to fix it ? At this time I cant afford to get a whole new sight system.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I guess that would depend on what was broken and how badly?
Was it your fault that it broke or just bad part?
IF a bad part perhaps a call to Taurus would provide some relief in a new sight/ or a return to the factory on their dime for a repair?

Reactions: oldbiker

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I'd try Taurus CS - they sent me front and rear sights for PT24/7CA that flew off on range shortly after purchase at no charge. I was expecting to pay for them and was surprised they offered under warranty. Did take seven months to get the front sight though.

Reactions: oldbiker

·
Super Moderator
26,863 Posts
I do not believe sights are normally covered under warranty.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I'll remind Taurus CS of that tidbit next time they offer free replacement sights under warranty.........................................................................................NOT! LOL

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Whether sights are covered or not, it can't hurt to try CS before anything else.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried yesterday several times during their "new" hours and all I got was recordings of music in bad quality. CS must have only one employee I really want to keep the stock rear sights but if I can not get an answer from CS today I will have to start saving up. I cant even get on the for sale sight to see if anyone has a set of sights left over from doing an upgrade as I have not done the mandatory 25 posts in the few days I have signed up after getting the 740. BTW had an oppertunity to shoot yesterday and was suprised at the recoil it sounded from what I read to be bad not my experience even if limited. I think this gun is a keeper!!

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I recommend patience, and when you finally make contact with CS, stay calm, state your problem and ask what they can do to resolve your problem - calm sweet talk may get you a new sight - keep in mind the CS rep doesn't set policy. As the old saying goes, you attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

As for the recoil of the 740 - it isn't "bad" - it's feisty and accumulative on the range, thus I fire no more that 50 rds. in one session vs. the past 100+. My 740 is my favorite CCW.

Also, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. all I have is my cell phone and it does get frustrating to e on hold a long time. I really h
ave not had a opportunity to shoot a lot yet. what I have shot was smooth and had no feed problems. I do believe this gun is a keeper.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I guess that I have always been fortunate calling Miami as I have never had a very long wait at all.
Now I have not needed to contact them since well before the crazies hit after Sandy Hook and everybody bought pistols.
I always make it a point when ordering single part to pick up a few extra parts that are high wear like recoil springs, firing pins, maybe an extractor, shipping charges are normally the same and likely will need the parts at some time in the future. so this reduces calls to taurus or other companies. Not to mention long waits for out of stock parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got through to CS and since I was not the original purchase had to pay for part and shipping my co worker thought that the sight should have been upgraded tosomething else as the original one had broken in the bottom plastic piece I wish I had his money to get aftermarket sights! Should be getting it in a week. Then I can begin to dial the sights in for my needs. Thanks again to all who had suggestions I really appreciated the ideas.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
As for the recoil of the 740 - it isn't "bad" - it's feisty and accumulative on the range, thus I fire no more that 50 rds. in one session vs. the past 100+. My 740 is my favorite CCW.

I used to have the same opinion, but now my 740 has nearly zero noticeable recoil. Seriously.
All I do is fire about 30 full power rounds out of the raging bull 454 before firing the the 740 and I can't even feel it having recoil at all!

;)

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used to have the same opinion, but now my 740 has nearly zero noticeable recoil. Seriously.
All I do is fire about 30 full power rounds out of the raging bull 454 before firing the the 740 and I can't even feel it having recoil at all!

;)
It's funny you say that. I tell people that I thought I would never get used to the recoil of my Kahr CW45, until I ran about 25 rounds through my Rossi snubbie .44 Magnum. It made the .45 feel like a .22!:)

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you receive you rear sight, I ordered mine in Oct. and was told they were back ordered. I recheck my order this week and they said they were still out of stock and orders were filled in sequence of order.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts