Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not shot my summer carry piece (PT145ss) for a few months now since I carry an FN 5.7 USG under my coat during the colder season.

I took it with me to the range the other day and I put 50 rounds through both guns.
I can't believe it, but at 15yards I was getting 3" groups standing off-hand with the whole mag.
I actually outshot my Five Seven USG which makes no sense, but I think due to shooting the heavier recoil gun first,
I kinda messed up my muscle memory. (Shooting the 5.7 vs the 45acp is like night and day. :))

Anyways, just another +1 to the PT145. Should have brought more ammo with me. :D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Nice shooting. Sounds like you had a bonding moment with your PT145. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Maybe before I'm old and gray... ;) I'll get mine back! Good to hear about that sucker continuing to perform well.

Mine was a "FRIDAY" PT-145, everyone was rushing to finish it. If it doesn't function PERFECTLY this time, Taurus won't see another nickel of my $ EVER.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just as accurate as my Springfield XD40sc. I'm around the 600 round mark and today fed WWB JHP's from Walmart through it along with Taurus Hex and Hornady 200+P Tap. As usual, no misfeeds or FTF, operated flawlessly. Clean-up and inspection shows the guns internals still look as good as new.

This is my second Taurus auto with the first being a 40 cal 24/7 and both have been really good dependable weapons. I know the Taurus haters don't want to hear this but it's the truth.

·
Registered
748 Posts
mdprotector said:
This is my second Taurus auto with the first being a 40 cal 24/7 and both have been really good dependable weapons. I know the Taurus haters don't want to hear this but it's the truth.
The PT145 is the 4th Tauri in the family (though to be fair 2 of them are wheel guns) and we've had zero problems with any of them (though I can't stand the heine 8 sights on the 145 and will be replacing them within the next month)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts