Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any fellow Taurus owners that have real world experience with the SS M44 Tracker, or even the blued version. I'm looking to pick up a 4" SS Version and would like to hear any/all thoughts from the experienced owners.

Thanks all!

Dustin

·
Registered
275 Posts
I really like the looks of the M44 Tracker because it looks exactly like my .45 Colt Tracker. (my gun has Hogue grips on it)

Mine has good double action trigger, the guts inside are smooth working.

Recomend you get the M44. Do you reload your own ammo?

TB C45

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats a real nice pic TB.. I agree about the .44 because of cost. If I ever think about changing from my Tracker .357 that's what I would get.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't reload my own ammo. I thought about running both the .44 special and .44 Mag ammo through it. I had heard a lot of Mag loads really loosen it up, but it was all talk from somebody not owning one.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Quarterhorse, I'm pretty sure you can buy it with confidence, after all, it has a lifetime warranty.

Never listen to the nay sayers of bad mouth. They are those who don't have a clue what is a good product.

They will tout S&W and Ruger to the rafters, but ignore the fact that they also make many guns that are imperfect and require going back to the factory. Only trouble with that is, sometimes the purchaser has to pony up some fix it money.

I own two Taurus revolvers, wouldn't part with either one of them...especially my model 441 in .44 special. This gun was made in the 1990's. The Tracker some time
in the 2,000 year range.

TB C45

·
Registered
72 Posts
C45.. thats a nice looker too. I really like the look with that grip. I am looking for something like that for my Tracker 627SS.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Those grips were from ebay or Gunbroker, can't remember for sure at the moment. Got them shipped for $15.00 at a buy now price. Wasn't even sure if they would fit the gun in the picture...but lucked out and they did.

Keep an eye on Gunbroker.com I think that's where I got them. Watch for their handgun parts, then click on revolver grips...they show different makes and styles.

TB C45

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice lookin' piece!

Sounds like the M44 will be my next purchase for sure. Just waitin' for some more jobs to come in!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quaterthorse, I think that's a great choice! I hope your jobs come in for you and it doesn't take too long. Waiting is hard Ain't it? :)

C45, thanks for that tip on the grips. I'll keep an eye out. They really dress up the revolver. Your's looks all business!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Waiting is the hardest part haha. Too many hobbies, not enough income lol. I've got the Dart for sale as I don't want to finish the project at this point in my life, and want a second bike. The bikes and parts are easier to store than the Dart!

Anyway, thanks again fellas!

Dustin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts