Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is supposed to be real video of an actual robbery that was foiled by an employee with a concealed handgun. If you guys have already seen this before, my apologies, but I hadn't seen it. A couple of thoughts :

The lady with her toddler must be the slowest thinker in the world. I think it's obvious that there is a robbery in progress, and she just stands there with her toddler on the counter, right next to the mutt. I was cringing when the dude started firing, because the bullets couldn't have been whizzing by the little girl by more than a foot. She finally gets behind the counter after the perp runs out of the store, hopefully in pain and bleeding profusely.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The good, stopped the robbery.
The bad, the way he did it, put the innocent bystander at risk.

They were lucky, but I'm glad it turned out ok.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah he missed the kid by less than a foot. This is a situation where it may be better to just hand over the money and then see what happens.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I am betting the BG got hit at least once. It was really close range and the employee looks like he had a good aim. The one thing I do like about that video is how the employee hid behind the other girl to draw his gun. Keeping her between the BG and him until he drew. I do not like how close the witnesses were when he started firing. All three of them could have easily been caught in the crossfire.

That being said. +1 for our side.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
When this video first hit the web someone linked to the newspaper article and it said the clerk was an NRA certified instructor.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, kinda....I mean, I started off my rant with how dumb the mother was....I think that if you're unarmed, and you have a child, you should hit the ground and use your body to cover the toddler....but thats just me. The mother made the situation much more chancy because of her inaction. I'm not faulting cash register boy for giving the scumbag a 45 caliber enema, but you have to admit, that WAS close.....and if the toddler had been hit, of course then you'd see this video EVERYwhere, CNN, CBS, all the liberal news outlets, with their links to "Guns In America" to show you their version of why guns should be banned. Politics, baby.

·
Registered
65 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
I agree, kinda....I mean, I started off my rant with how dumb the mother was....I think that if you're unarmed, and you have a child, you should hit the ground and use your body to cover the toddler....but thats just me. The mother made the situation much more chancy because of her inaction. I'm not faulting cash register boy for giving the scumbag a 45 caliber enema, but you have to admit, that WAS close.....and if the toddler had been hit, of course then you'd see this video EVERYwhere, CNN, CBS, all the liberal news outlets, with their links to "Guns In America" to show you their version of why guns should be banned. Politics, baby.
I am kinda surprised it wasn't shown on the idiot news. For the children you know....

The one problem I have is the shooter shooting at the BG while he is running away. Big No! No! If they turn and run, let them go.....

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He did stay diligent at guarding the front door, but I think I'd have been looking to kill those lights - too much window in the front for him to look through and pick you off from the street.....

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You absolutely NEVER shoot someone when their back is toward you, running away.

You will lose in court every time, no matter what state you live in.*

*Exception being if the person running away is still firing at you.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It could very likely be argued in Texas that 'force' should have ended when the %rick turned tail and ran...unless, as pointed out, he was firing at you while running away. It just makes it easier to open a prosecution against you - perception is reality.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
This is what occurred in the video:

(A) the actor abandons the encounter, or clearly
communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing
he cannot safely abandon the encounter; and
(B) the other nevertheless continues or attempts
to use unlawful force against the actor

If this occurred in Texas the perp would have been seen as "abandoning the encounter" and any subsequent shots fired at him while he was running away would have been unlawful.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. Just shows how each state is different. (that really needs to change---but it never will).

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and THAT is why NYPD will be the first to say, 'call the attorney general's office for the state you're going to'. You absolutely have to make sure what the rules are before you pack someplace.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts