Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ready to go shooting

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MisterNoisy 
#1 ·
So, last week I worked on getting my target stand ready. Yesterday I worked on getting my new Savage B-17 ready to go.

It's going to be a nice week, now I just need to figure out which day to go.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a few to sight in, might get them close tomorrow and then get them dialed in at the range on Wednesday. I just wish ammo supplies weren't so few and far between. I'll just have to be judicious in my usage.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Well, I was going to go tomorrow but they are calling for "Santa Ana" winds for the next two days. Which means winds of 30mph with gust to 60mph. Looks like the earliest I'm going to get to the range is Thursday. [emoji17]

#7 ·
So, I got to go shooting on last Friday. I had used my bore sighter only to find out that it sucks. On my 17 I was shooting about 9" high. I didn't have the patience to get it dialed in so I shot other stuff.

It was my first time at a new range, Route 66 Range. Pretty nice. My brother and I had our own range.

#8 ·
^^ Looks like a nice venue! I keep waiting for a range to mount those cameras by the target, shielded of course, that you can connect via bluetooth and track hits.

#9 ·
^^ Looks like a nice venue! I keep waiting for a range to mount those cameras by the target, shielded of course, that you can connect via bluetooth and track hits.
It's pretty cool. They have a steel target range, trap and skeet and an old west shooting gallery. We will be going back.

#10 ·
There's part of me that wants to add a B17 to go alongside my B22 - my .22 is quite the tack driver and I can only see a .17 HMR version being even more accurate. I had a model 93 in .17 HMR and it was like shooting a laser gun, but I got tired of dealing with the pot metal magazines that would occasionally vomit their contents up through the action when I cycled the bolt - fortunately, the B series rifles fix that with their rotary mags.

Reactions: morrcarr67
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.