Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna shoot my millenium pro pt 111 its been like 2 weeks and I cant find any 9mm ammo!!we can shoot for free we just need the ammo and my fiance wont go until I have more ammo I have like a clip and a 3 bullets !!why does it seem like everyone wants 9mm like they get them in stock they swarm after it before other people get a chance at it!!:mad:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Everybody's in the same boat... I have a little bit of ammo, but am reluctant to go shoot it up for fear I wont find anymore

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I still have about 1000 rds 9mm and 1000 rds .45. Lucky me, I have been too busy lately to go shooting so I'm all right until hopefully things go back to normal soon.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I wanna shoot my millenium pro pt 111 its been like 2 weeks and I cant find any 9mm ammo!!we can shoot for free we just need the ammo and my fiance wont go until I have more ammo I have like a clip and a 3 bullets !!why does it seem like everyone wants 9mm like they get them in stock they swrm after it before other people get a chance at it!!:mad:
many ranges stock ammo that they will only sell to their shooting customers - if you have any for profit indoor/outdoor ranges near you a few phone calls might get you set up. If you shoot - who's counting - buy 200, shoot 100 ( pick a number) and toss the rest in your range bag. You end up in the + ammo catagory and you get the shooting monkey off your back!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
That's because 9mm is such a popular caliber but everything is hard to find right now 9mm just that much harder.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I can reload 9mm but I can't reload 22LR. Both in shelf ammo are like hen's teeth!!

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Registered
676 Posts
I can sit it out and wait. Besides, the cost of 'currently' rare 9mm ammo just means that I'm not spending money on ammo or range time....HA! Their loss..my gain. I'm not happy about it but I have a plan. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

The saying goes.."it gets dark before it goes totally black." We're at black....it will just get lighter.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wanna shoot my millenium pro pt 111 its been like 2 weeks and I cant find any 9mm ammo!!we can shoot for free we just need the ammo and my fiance wont go until I have more ammo I have like a clip and a 3 bullets !!why does it seem like everyone wants 9mm like they get them in stock they swarm after it before other people get a chance at it!!:mad:
That is why I bought a .22 a while back. It's the same size as my 9mm and I have about 5000 rds of that and its cheaper to shoot. But i feel everybody's pain too. I have enough ammo to stare at but I'm afraid to shoot it

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I can reload 9mm but I can't reload 22LR. Both in shelf ammo are like hen's teeth!!
At the prices I've been seeing for .22 it's cheaper to shoot center fire reloads.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
takes some time, but have gotten some at walmart. check wally world on line daily, you will get lucky.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Before the craze, 9mm was the cheapest pistol ammo I could find. Now it is one of the more expensive. I don't have one so it doesn't matter too much to me but I used to shoot a brick of 22 a weekend but I'm afraid to anymore. Because I will be damned if I'm going to spend $50-$70 for a brick now so I'm just slowing things down a bit.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Plenty of ammo here - headed to range next week with some 9's and 40's. Doesn't cost anymore than the yearly membership unless I want extra targets (get 2-free each visit and no gun limit) or can use Orange Peel on the two free targets to save money. My Wally is getting a little bit of ammo in, but little 9mm in any brand and it's gone before you can say Wally. The range has zilch ammo in any caliber. In all of 2012 and before the panic set in, my Wally was so hit and miss on ammo that when they had any and I had the funds, I'd buy a couple each of 250rd Mega UMC in 9 and 40. Since late December have been able to buy 1000 rds. .40 and 500 rds. 9 and if I happen to be in Wally and they have either I will buy 1 or 2 boxes - not a hoarder, just prudent. My only complaint is I'm paying $10 more per 250rd. box than last summer - thanks to the panic.

In any case I'm optimistic this shortage will end soon and applaud the Academy's and Wally's that are limiting box quantities to each buyer so they can spread the wealth to more customers rather than a select few panic buyers or entrepreneur's trying to take advantage of the ammo shortage. I also expect there will be a plethora of slightly used guns for sale come late 2013 and all 2014 and an abundance of ammo. Patience is a virtue. LOL

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
You can thank your government for this mess.

Reactions: Willboat and jtracc

·
Registered
79 Posts
I see that you're in Chambersburg. It's hit or miss, but Trop Gun Shop in Elizabethtown has had regular supplies of basic 9mm for $14.99 per box of 50, limited to two boxes per customer per day. They do not do holds or rain checks, so you have to just drive up there and see if you are lucky. The times I have been in there, there has always been some on the shelves, but not always some .22LR. I'm batting .500 on the .22LR. I find that the best time is in the morning, on Tuesday or Wednesday. Usually by Thursday, the shelves have been pretty picked over, but they usually get new stock Thursday afternoon. However, everyone knows that, so they're waiting like sharks Thursday evening. A couple of weeks ago, at lunch time on a Friday, cars were parked for 1/4 mile on the highway in both directions from the driveway, and the checkout line filled the store.

·
Registered
69 Posts
all kinds of 9mm ammo around me its 40 i cant seem to find.

·
Registered
676 Posts
IF I had a 40 or a 45 I'd have no complaints on finding ammo. It is in every store I go to looking for 9mm. ANd not just one type of 40 or 45, there is the variety of HP, JHP, FMJ, Frag...in all gr's. It's everywhere. I'm pushing aside the boxes of 40 and 45 to see if 9mm is hiding in the back....

@Taurus1972 - Don't pull your hair out....that's really expensive to replace!:eek:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
many ranges stock ammo that they will only sell to their shooting customers - if you have any for profit indoor/outdoor ranges near you a few phone calls might get you set up. If you shoot - who's counting - buy 200, shoot 100 ( pick a number) and toss the rest in your range bag. You end up in the + ammo category and you get the shooting monkey off your back!
And be sure to save your brass....

·
Registered
676 Posts
New saying - "Save your brass, save your ass!" Or something like that...I'll have to think on it.

Reactions: bps1

·
Registered
751 Posts
My range has a great rental deal so when I'm hunting for 9 I pick up 40 too when i see it. I just like to shoot whether its my guns or someone else's. It's fun to mix it up.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Just purchased 600 rds 9mm Winchester white box from gun broker for 240.00 plus 25.00 shipping. A little expensive but considering availability right now well worth it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts