Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Sight picture for Heinie sights

Never have I heard that anything other than center mass was the proper aim point for pistols ('course I haven't heard everything, only been shootin' for 40 years), to say that the proper way to sight Heinie 8's was to cover the target with the front sight blade and effectively lose sight of the bull when shooting a 50 ft target seems absurd. POI is where the front dot is??What if I want to try a shot at say 50 or 75 yards, gezzzzzz, a 6 inch target just dissapears behind that fat front sight. Taurus is lisenced to make the Heinies, why can't they make a shorter one as a buyable option so I can shoot center mass??

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
From what I've read, the Hienie sights aren't meant for Bullseye type shooting. They're designed for quick-aquisition, close range personal defense. I figure that means anywhere on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch, POA/POI.
I use computer paper for such practice (I'm a cheapskate), out to about 30 feet. I save my NRA targets for when I want to get more precise.
BTW, neither of my guns have the Hienie sights.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Re: Sight picture for Heinie sights

georgia rebell said:
a 6 inch target just dissapears behind that fat front sight. Taurus is lisenced to make the Heinies, why can't they make a shorter one as a buyable option so I can shoot center mass??
It seems that Taurus has little or no interest in options for 24/7's either factory or third party, best I can tell. It occurred to me to get an extra front sight and file it down. I may make a trigger of my own - one that doesn't angle back so far.

Also, I don't know specifically what's available, but the sight dovetails are of a size that match some available alternatives, according to some existing posts here. (They even have the dimensions included.)

JimL

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have filed the front post on all 4 of my heine sights, i did a post a while back on it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
There are many other guns that are made to shoot the "dead on" type of aim, now if people are doing them rite or not I don't know. Maybe they are complaining about them also. There was a post on the new .327 mag the gun mag. person that tested stated " I used the dead on POA" His shot fine and it was a Ruger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts