Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Re: Sight picture for Heinie sights

Blind as a bat myself. Can only see the front sight with glasses off or looking over the top.
I'm also not that good of a shot, having a compact gun probably doesn't help.
I usually take a more relaxed approach to shooting. Not a death grip on the gun, don't try real hard for the x. Just point it and shoot, two to the whole mag. Shots aren't great but within a 4" circle at 10 yards.
I know I'll never be a pistol expert. I'm more interested in the handgun for self defense and my groups seem tight enough. Seldom have a flyer and for center mass shots I'm acceptable. Don't feel comfortable with head shots yet, might miss :'(

If and when I ever need the gun I don't think grip, stance or the front sight picture will even be on my mind. I know when I practice I try to work on those things. Real life I'll be more concerned about cover and a clean shot. :eek:

· Registered
310 Posts
Re: Sight picture for Heinie sights

Heinie sights are standard equipment sights on the newer guns ie; 3rd gen milpro, 24/7 and I think they are on the OSS. They have one dot on both the front and rear sights. Set the front dot on top of the rear dot.
They are also making 3 dot and night sights for Taurus guns. Just google Heinie. Dont know how to put links on these posts yet. ;)

Here's the link:
https://www.heinie.com/cart/index.php?cPath=9_21&osCsid=ef0ce9990cb8ed4ed49a17d24d154509

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.