Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Need input, Taurus 24/7 vs Millenium Pro

I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used Taurus 24/7 in .40 cal or a PT140 Millenium Pro also in
.40 cal.

I like both guns, they both fit hand well. Main concern is daily carry and comfort level.
Is one better than the other or equal. Also, what is best holster for each gun for day long carry?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
876 Posts
If the 24/7 has the longer barrel, it will be less comfortable and heavier to wear all day. The Millenium Pro was designed more for concealed carry. Is the Mil Pro new?

As far as holsters, there are tons of holsters out there. What works for some does not work for others. We all agree, hoewever that it is highly important to have a belt that is designed to support the weight of a gun. That makes a ton of difference.

FWIW, I carry a MilPro in a Comp-tac holster which fits inside the waistband of my pants.
http://www.comp-tac.com/

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well the fit for Mil Pro's is from Fobus, they make an sp11b, that fits all the pro series along with several other makers pistols. Model type of holsters is limited from them, but they do make a paddle, and a belt at the last check. I love my paddle version.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Of all the holster I have for the Pt111, the Fobus sp11b paddle is the most comfortable. Conceals pretty well under a jacket or hooded sweatshirt, but sticks out too far otherwise. I use an Uncle Mikes IWB which works well but it's not extra secure as it has no retention device. I spent good money on a custom fit FIST OWB, and it's a really nice rig. Rides high and tight just behind the hip. Only problem is it really digs into my body at the bottom and is uncomfortable for any length of time. I use it on occasion but I just can't get used to it. Moral of the story: You will need to experiment and find out what works for you. Now if I can't use the fobus or the mike's, I just pocket carry a keltec.

·
Registered
634 Posts
If carry is primary concern go Mill Pro, I have one, but if I could back up I'd go 24/7 just because the extra size would make it better for plinking. It also depends on you size the larger you are the easier to conceal a slightly larger gun. At 5'11 & 200 lbs I would have not problem hiding a 24/7, a LS might be a little uncomfortable as the muzzle would be in my back pocket. For holster I use a Crossebreed Supertuck IWB and it is quite comfortable, almost unnoticeable when driving, sitting or walking. It has an open bottom so it could carry any Mill Pro, 24/7 & 24/7 LS. I have a fobus as well and consider it a range holster sticks too far off my body for me. David

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Need input, Taurus 24/7 vs Millenium Pro

+1 on the crossbreed supertuck. very comfy after wearing all day with my pt111 milpro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts