Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Need input relative to 24/7 in .40 cal

I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used Taurus 24/7 in .40 cal or a PT140 Millenium Pro also in
.40 cal.

I like both guns, they both fir hand well. Main concern is daily carry and comfort level.
Is one better than the other or equal. Also, what is best holster for each gun for day long carry?

Many thanks.

·
Administrator
40,663 Posts
I've shot the 24/7 in .40 and it's sweet. But for carry I'd go for the PT140 'cause its smaller and easier to conceal. The 24/7 would be a great range or house gun. Everybody has an opinion and that's just mine. Heck, buy one of each.

As for holsters, OWB is the most comfortable but not always the most practical. It's IWB for me 'cause it's more concealable and comfortable enough for me. :thumb:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Re: Need input relative to 24/7 in .40 cal

Well a lot of it depends on how big you are and if your comfortable carrying a medium sized pistol like the 24/7. I'm only 5'8 about 175lbs and I have no problem in normal conditions. If it's a really warm day a bagggy t-shirt won't conceal the 24/7 as it would the pt140.
I believe the 24/7 is a better gun IMO. If you don't like the larger gun you won't like the 24/7. Also is the PT140 the newer model with the SA/DA trigger or the older DAO moldel. For me I don't like DAO only guns. Thats something else to look at also.

As for holsters Galco makes a really nice belt holster and Southern holsters makes a great iwb holster.

Well theres my thoughts about it, hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts