Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use RCBS Dies with my new Lee Turrett Loader? :???: There are some on Ebay for 9mm lugar at a very reasonable price and I need some 9mm dies. Any help is appreciated and thanks.

·
Administrator
18,303 Posts
The short answer is Yes! RCBS, Lee, and others, use the same universal 7/8 threads and Die Sizes. There should only be minor design differences. If you are bidding at Auction, don't pay more than 2/3rds what you can pay retail for new! Particularly if they are used!

If you do not win them, give this outfit a look. I got my all of my Lee Dies from them.
http://www.fmreloading.com./

·
Registered
147 Posts
Certainly can... as long as they use the standard sizes most all dies will work with another press. Lee makes some excellent reloading dies and their prices are usually quite good so don't go getting carried away in an auction. Check out Lee dies at a place like:

http://www.midwayusa.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did find a new set of Lee Dies for less than $25.00 locally, and may go this route if I cannot get some cheap on Ebay, when shipping charges are involved as well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yogiboobooranger said:
Can I use RCBS Dies with my new Lee Turrett Loader? :???: There are some on Ebay for 9mm lugar at a very reasonable price and I need some 9mm dies. Any help is appreciated and thanks.
Is your press a 3 or 4 hole turret? If it's a 4 hole I would HIGHLY recommend investing in a Lee carbide factory crimp die. Without a doubt this is the best addition to my reloading process. Not only will the die put an adjustable crimp on you case it also, and more importantly to me, does a final resizing of the entire cartridge. Prices run around $14 but it’s the best money I’ve spent for reloading.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Amen to Rainman... I used to loaded 9mm - I bought the Lee 4 carbide die set and never had one problem with the reloads. I also had a 1911 that had jam problems. I bought the lee factory crimp die and no more problems. Well worth the investment.
I have only been reloading a couple of years and there is more experienced folks then me but I will put my vote for Lee dies. When compared to RCBS (I have both RCBS and Lee) the Lee product seems just as good and at a better price.

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
If you use any other die set than a Lee, you're not going to be able to use a Lee Auto Disc powder measure with it which really saves time. Most of my handgun dies and all the ones I use are Lee for this reason (except on the Dillon SD press, of course). I have RCBS, Lee, Pacific, and Hornady dies for rifles and I really like the Hornadys for value, good dies and a good price. The lee work just as well, though.

+1 on the factory crimp dies. I need one of those for .380 ACP, but I load it so infrequently, I've put it off. LOL

·
Administrator
18,303 Posts
Actually, the Lee Auto-Disc can be setup separately using the Lee Universal Charging die, so it can be used with any Die Set. I've been using that setup on my Dillon 650 for years now, as I'm not fond of the standard case mouth flaring dies. However, if you only have 4 die spaces in your Turret, you probably will be out of luck there. If you were to use a Lyman M-Die, as I do, for case mouth flaring, then you could eliminate the need for any Profile/Crimp die.

Custom Setup Dillon XL650 Toolhead w/Lee Auto-Disc activated by
Lee Universal Charging Die

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of your help!! I am going to buy the die set locally..cheaper and with no shipping charges. I will buy the carbide set with all four dies just as I did for the 45 acp. Then I won't have any problems I hope. Again thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Well, when I can flair and charge the case at the same time, it saves time. :D Single stage I'm talkin'. On a progressive, another step is no biggy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts