Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked on a couple other forums with large reloading sub-forums about this RCBS die and getting nowhere. Has anyone here ever used one and can relate feedback? Somebody has to have used it or they wouldn't still be offering it.

·
Super Moderator
37,553 Posts
I know almost nothing about bullet feeding dies in general except for one quick comment that I read, and I couldn't tell you where I saw it, from a guy who firsthand said that he couldn't get his to work reliably. It was probably on a Lee press and run across when I was setting up my three hole Pro 1000. Someone with actual experience with these things should be along.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe that was me? I have been trying one of the Hornady dies on the ABLP press while using it in the 3rd position with 3-die set dies. Can't get that die to work to save a life. The RCBS die is similar but still different enough than the Hornady that I'm hoping.

The idea here is that the Lee ABLP press is 4 stations, I reliably load 380 and 9mm with only 3 dies in my Pro1000. So having one open station I thought of trying a tube type bullet feeder https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...38-special-357-magnum-90-to-158-grain-bullets placed in the 3rd position which is in the rear of the press. Not that I believe it will speed things up but hoping it will keep from having to reach around to the rear of the press to place the bullet by hand.

While up late last night I did a search and was able to come up with three old threads from 2012 that were talking about this die. Didn't know this die has been around that long and since it has why it is that no one seems to know anything about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts