Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my 1911 in the box for a while and decided to take it out and cycle through and use it as a HD gun. I noticed a pretty bad rattle in it. It seems like it was coming from the rear of slide. Anybody experience this before?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Administrator
Wouldn't happen to be the magazine in the magazine well would it? Or even a cartridge or two in the mag?

Banned
Is the mag loaded? Empty mags sometimes rattle quite a bit.

Registered
Is the mag loaded? Empty mags sometimes rattle quite a bit.
sometimes full mags rattle too!
and then sometimes partially filled mags rattle!
If its not the magazine then I would say in a modern 1911 that the rattle means something is no longer under spring pressure as it should be.
take that puppy to the range and run a few hundred rounds trough it and see how it performs, a rattle just before the big Bang simply makes the bad guy look up and at the barrel just before the light go out for good!

Reactions: trouter2

Registered
Grip Safety?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I am gonna try to get to the range on Thursday. It would rattle without the mag in it. I was thinking the grip safety.

Registered
I am gonna try to get to the range on Thursday. It would rattle without the mag in it. I was thinking the grip safety.

IF so, do you know how to tighten up the prong on the sear spring to stop that?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Nope..... time to learn though. I originally bought this to learn in

Registered
Could also be the series 80 safety levers. My PT 1911 rattles but it is the slide to frame fit, a little loose. Has not affected function or accuracy. Probably why it will feed any ammo. Slide to frame fit is over rated, that is fit tight for customers, has little to do with accuracy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts