Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Help us determine the general "expertise" level of our users?

• I've never owned a gun, but I'm interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some general experience with guns

• I have just bought a Taurus and want to find how to better use it

• I am either anticipating or new to the issue of concealed carry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is interested in helping it's users have a good, positive experience shooting their Taurus weapons. We are considering ways to enhance the service of the forum and your input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am pretty comfortable around guns. I shoot pistols mostly, and have tinkered with my guns a little, including drop-in parts for a 1911

·
Registered
876 Posts
I guess I answered wrong..I did a very minor F&B on my KT 3AT

tman

·
Registered
625 Posts
I gvenerally do my own gun repair when I can figure it out. I will confess though that there has been a couple of instances where I took it apart then had to take it to a gunsmith to have it put back together correctly!

Todd

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm with you, BD. When I start feeling squirrelly, I will take the gun to a pro.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I take apart and tinker with my SNS guns, because they are quite simple and inexpensive. My Taurus and Kel Tec guns I don't go past the field takedown, since they have good warranties, and a factory pro will fix them should something go wrong.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm a retired toolmaker and love to tinker. ::) Been shooting since I was 10 yrs old (that's 50 yrs of shooting) - hunted a lot with my Dad, now I'm into pistol competition. Mostly I enjoy customizing my 1911's - currently own a few Para's in .45 - one P-14 race gun, one P-12 (carry), one P-14 limited. I built up a Para frame - Caspian slide into a 9mm race gun ;) (beautiful and my favorite shooter). My last project was a STI short block I finished in .40, an open gun. First revolver S&W 586 with my trigger job and of coarse my favorite revolver the 608 with my trigger job and moon clips (pics in the gallery). Currently polishing those I want to get hard chromed, and contemplating my next adventure! ;D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok,I'm impressed at how many of you guys have worked on you own guns.I'm too chicken.Changing grips is about as adventurous as I get.I have knowledge of shooting guns,the operation and swithches and buttons and stuff,but on the outside only.What goes on under the side plates remains a mystery.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ill be honest im new to the whole gun thing but its turning out to be a nice hobby. I am going to go for my CHL in a month or two and depending what I learn there might take an addional handgun course on safty. But overall I love shooting my gun at the range it takes off a crap load of stress from the every day life we live.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I quickly got involved in working on my 1911. I'm a tinkerer and am too cheap to pay a gunsmith for most things. I fitted my beavertail, match barrel bushing, trigger, magwell, polished the feedramp and gave it a throat job. I also refinished it in KG Gun Kote.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Been shooting something or another since 1956 ( i was 7 ) been carrying since 1973 with a permit and been building or modifing 1911's since 1969 so I guess I'm Ok with my knowledge at least on most modern military small arms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts