Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new Ruger Redhawk 44mag SS 4IN #5026
link here
Ruger REDHWK 44MG SS 4IN 5026 $717.00 SHIPS FREEI cannot find this pistol anywhere. I tried all my local shops and all the shops I usually deal with online. Anyone have any clue where to find one? I NEED IT! haha

Anywhere I could purchase and expect a good turn around time for shipment, even though they don't have it in stock?

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Just saw this;

Collector's Firearms

Looks like it might be used, but if you can't find them anywhere......

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 4" version is hard to find as they are not common. Most people seem to want the longer barrels because the heavy loads one is inclined to put in these are pretty unpleasant to shoot in short barrels.

·
32,481 Posts
It seems like a lot of Ruger's production has set on the Alaskan model for the last few years or so. There's been quite a boom for those and not so much for the 4 inch models. That's regardless of make and model.

The production and market for the Super Redhawk in all of its's guises has and is skyrocketed since the Alaskan models have come along. This has been true since 2005. In 2008 the .44 magnum version was offered.

The demand in Alaska itself is high and every man and his brother wants an Alaskan. These are for the large dangerous game, charges by same, real or imagined, and are also highly sought after in the lower 48 as well.

It comes in a plethora of different calibers. .480 Ruger, .454 Casull, .45 Colt,and .44 magnum. When you realize that commercial ammo makers have made powerful and hefty loads as dangerous game rounds it's no wonder that the Redhawk got left in the dust somewhat by these. The .480 version has not been made for some time now.

The Super Redhawk can handle the diet of harsh dangerous critter rounds better than the Redhawk and has more universal appeal. The Redhawk is built like all Rugers. Like a vault as the saying goes.

Now add to that the Ruger new gun flavor of the month coming out and there is little floor space for manufacture for other models as well. Even the older models take up valuable space,materials,and time. With all the models of longarms and sidearms that Ruger produces there is just so much production room in general.

The Redhawk was king and had it's place taken by other Ruger models. The market is there for the Super Redhawk more so than for the Redhawk which is kind of sad.

A 4 inch barreled .44 magnum makes an excellent field sidearm or main gun. For portability and balance those are hard to beat.

The longer barreled versions help get the best velocity out of these cartridges and have more appeal for a handgunner hunter. These guns can have scopes mounted unobtrusively compared to other brands. If not the longer sighting plain will help with accuracy.

Good luck on your quest for a 4 inch version.

It might be recommended that you contact Ruger by snail mail or call them and find out where they stand or when Redhawk 4 inch barreled guns might yet again be available. This might be a seasonal thing.

You can contact Ruger at:
Service inquires for Shotguns, Revolvers, 22 Charger Pistols
and all Rifles except PC4/PC9 Carbines.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 603-865-2442 / Fax: 603-863-6165
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST)

They might be able to help you with your quest.

·
32,481 Posts
One last aside. The media helped the boon in Super Redhawk models to take off.

The Redhawk and Super Redhawk are also the base elements for gunsmiths who make custom handguns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts