Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday to shoot my new .38 and AR15. I've shot revolvers before but this is the first one I've ever owned. In SA the gun shoots very well and is accurate (i was shooting at 7yds). In DA my accuracy drops a little and my shots were more spread out. The trigger pull in DA is not bad at all and very smooth compared to some others I've shot. I ran a wheel of Hornaday Critical Defense 110gr through it without any issues, Monarch 158gr hollow points and some Magtech 158gr cowboy loads (I wasn't paying attention when I picked up the box) that I got. I put a total of 48 rds through it and they went bang every time. I am once again very impressed with the Taurus brand and a proud owner of now 3 different models from them. I have been carrying this gun as a back up full time and have every bit of confidence in it.

While there I also ran another 50rds through my PT111 (my EDC) a mixture of hollow points and fmj's and the gun performed flawlessly. I also shot another 50rds through my PT1911ss, also a mixture of hp's and fmj's and it to performed flawlessly. A gentleman next to me was shooting a Kimber and remarked how good my Taurus looked and seemed to perform. Besides my new AR its by far the most accurate and best shooting gun I have, the thing is a Cadillac. My little sister (she's 27) was with me, she got a new Rossi 351 that her boss bought her (I think he's trying to get in her pants) and out of all my guns and hers she enjoyed shooting the 1911 the most. It was her first time to ever hold a gun let alone shoot one so she was dealing with some nervousness and sweaty palms but she did great.

I'll give my thoughts on the 351 in the Rossi section

It turned out to be a great day and another successful trip with all of my Taurus guns.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It turned out to be a great day and another successful trip with all of my Taurus guns.
It certainly sounds like it from reading your post!

You have a fine array of Taurus handguns.

I've never owned a Taurus that I didn't just fall in love with! :wub: It appears that you are rather fond of yours, too.

·
32,481 Posts
Excellent report!

Then again, I have a dog in this race.

I own two 856s. One is now a collector item of sorts. Maybe. :)

One is a regular ss 856 and the other is the now rare 856 Magnesium Lyte model. It seems that in the Taurus 2012 catalog the Lyte models are not in there.

I like that 6th round being there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts