Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thank you shout out to Czechbikr and dugger1, we got together this morning at a range out by Rockford, shot up some targets, swapped guns, and went for a nice lunch afterwards. I really had a great time. Thanks guys! Time went by very quickly and would love to do it again. The guys brought a good selection of firearms to play with and I got to try a few I'd never shot before.

Again BIG thanks and we have to do it again!

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
That's always fun, meeting forum members and shooting and also shooting their guns. Sand Lake was great, and I've met PlanoMark a handful of times at the range here in Plano. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Reactions: kmw1954 and dugger1

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
What range in Plano? Bullet Trap? I'm a member of the Frisco Gun Club and shoot there regularly. Guest can come with me and shoot for $10.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's always fun, meeting forum members and shooting .
Absolutely! Which is also why I extended an open invitation to any and all other local members that might want to meet up and shoot some holes. It's just more fun to share an experience.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
What range in Plano? Bullet Trap? I'm a member of the Frisco Gun Club and shoot there regularly. Guest can come with me and shoot for $10.
Maybe I'll take you up on that sometime. PlanoMark and I went to Bullet Trap, but I live much closer to FGC. In fact, I think the last time I went with Mark, Frisco had just opened.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
My wife and I joined FGC a few months ago. Bought the membership through the business so any client activities are deductible!!

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's always a bonus to be able to put a face to a name. Even better when we can sit down and share a meal afterwards!

Dugger1 I looked at the website to the range you sent me. Looks like a lot of fun.

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
I had a great time at a nice facility with our forum members! I brought the 300 BLK pistol to check out the RDS and the laser sight as they were calibrated with a boresighter. It was so close I didn't even have to tweak them. The Marlin 44 was shot quite a bit with full loads and Cowboy loads. I brought the Maverick 88 for it's maiden voyage with 00 buckshot and slugs, and couldn't do it as the range doesn't permit any shotguns.

I really enjoyed shooting Dugger's FN 40 and his Taurus Tracker 22...a first for both types of gums. kmw1954's Springfield XD is a tack driver and a hoot to shoot.

We also bandied about some thoughts for the Summer 2018 Midwest Meet and Shoot, trying to expand on the ancillary activities.

·
Registered
15,372 Posts
There's just something deeply special when you can meet up with forum members, share stories, firearms and a good meal. Though many of us just know each other by Avatar or screen name, it brings a closer friendship when you can hear voices and shake hands with people you type at every day. Even if they're not people you always agree with if at all. We join on camaraderie by being members of the same great forum that transcends political affiliations, race, color, or even like or hatred of water coolers.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to say that I am glad that I was able to share the day with dugger1 and Czechbikr along with the rest of you that have checked in.

After we leave the workforce and retire many of you will find that your circle of friends and acquaintances grows small as we move away for each other and have fewer contacts. So I hope to also find this is a good venue to expand myself and make new contacts that enjoy the same interests. So far it seems to be working out!

If we can get it all worked out for next year I hope many of you from the Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Missouri area will try to come out and join us.

I'll extend the invite again to anyone that is with-in a couple hours drive from Wis/Ill border give me a shout and maybe we can get together. Also If you are interested in a forum meet and have some ideas let me know. Time to start planning is now for next year.

Reactions: dugger1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts