Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range the other day with my new PT1911. 250 rnd only 2 FTF's, one nose dive and one half chamber feed(cartridge jamed about halfway in chamber). Simple tap cleared the jams. This gun can shoot better than I can. After about the first 100 rnds, I had no problem taking out the 10 on the target at 25 feet. At 25 yards my eyes give me a disadvantage against the 10 but I can still get nice groups. Best $500 I have spent lately. I may sell my M&P45 and XD40 to get 2 more of these. This is my first experience with a 1911 and I am impressed, I wish I had bought this one first. I have polished the hammer, safety, bevertail, trigger, mag release, and take down lever. I like how easy this gun is to take down for cleaning.

I have pics of the targets and gun if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
tecwizrdPT I have pics of the targets and gun if anyone is interested.[/quote said:
I would like to see those target pics! By the way, welcome to the
forum, from Tulsa Oklahoma.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
tecwizrdPT said:
I have pics of the targets and gun if anyone is interested.
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us.
And by all means please do post them as we all appreciate pics of gun eye-candy.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome also from Arizona
Pics would be cool, because right now, it is the only way i get to come close to a 1911 :drool: ..lol
Sounds like you had fun :D

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I would love to see pics of the gun with the polished bits and pieces. I'm thinking about polishing my trigger and maybe hammer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And here is the pic of the last target I shot. The left side is the taurus (8 shot group). The right side is the M&P (10 shot group). Both at 25 feet. The Taurus has ruined my shooting skill with the M&P.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not bad, I took a look at your pic in 'show us your taurus', But could not really make out the details of your modifications to the 1911, could you post some pics with more detail of the items you listed as polished?

"polished the hammer, safety, bevertail, trigger, mag release, and take down lever"

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Nice groupings, you chewed the targets up with your PT1911. Still debating getting one or two more soon?
:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
locknload,
Nice looking mods from what I can tell. Like you I picked Taurus for my first 1911 and love it. Looks like you figured out how to hit with it. Congrats. It will probably get fewer problems with a few more rounds. Mine seems to do better every time I take it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts