Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finely got to take the m85, i bought last week to the range. I know it was made in 1992 but I am pretty sure it was unfired. not no more ran 100 rounds of 125 grain flat point thru it. gun shot perfect no problems at all. trigger is real nice great little gun, i sure need some more practice with it . been a long time sence i shot revoler's. probably would have helped if the range owners were not allergic to light bulb's.might try some sight paint on the front sight now to get some dies for it and start makin ammo. thanks expressdog01

·
Registered
24,539 Posts
Congrats on your new to you wheel gun.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Congrats on the new to you m85 and range time.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Glad you had a good time on the range there. I like wheel guns a lot too! I don't have to chase after the empties!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have the model 66 made in 94 and i know what you mean about range lights. i took some model car paint and touched up the front sight.the paint was blaze orange. helped alot.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
+1 on the M85 being a great little shooter. I also painted my sights. Helped a lot. They are very accurate if you can see the sights.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No doubts that it would go bang. Mine's a '91' date and hasn't misfired in four years. Great revolver for the money.
Also have a 2008 4" M44 that has been flawless as well. Let the Taurus haters rant with their unfounded claims.
Seems they only say they are garbage. More likely, they were thinking 50's & 60's Brazilian soft metal internals.
Just don't do a lot of +P stress testing with your 85.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts