Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best $130 I ever spent. 9 shots 10 yards.
IMAG1240.jpg
IMAG1136.jpg

Reactions: bamashooter

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
More fun.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
What does a box of .25acp run these days?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does a box of .25acp run these days?
About $20 for 50 rounds. I am set up to reload. I lost most of my fired cases today though. The shooter in the next lane swept most of mine in front of the firing line. I bought 500 cases off gun broker for .01 cents each.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
About $20 for 50 rounds. I am set up to reload. I lost most of my fired cases today though. The shooter in the next lane swept most of mine in front of the firing line. I bought 500 cases off gun broker for .01 cents each.
$20.00 is not that bad, I was thinking $28.00 or higher. I really can't remember the last time I saw .25acp in the store. If I happen upon any range brass I will be sure to save them for you.

Reactions: FreeInAZ and Greg_R

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Reactions: Greg_R

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$20.00 is not that bad, I was thinking $28.00 or higher. I really can't remember the last time I saw .25acp in the store. If I happen upon any range brass I will be sure to save them for you.
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Despite the POS claims, most of these little guns will operate quite well as long as kept clean, and lubed. Not meant to be high-volume shooters, they most often reside in the "sock drawer holster" of the less dedicated owners.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice.

·
22,300 Posts
Very cool! Love it when a low-cost gun works well!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Looks about right. My HP22 was scary accurate right up until it broke. It was the most reliable .22 auto I've ever shot. I very well could have got a "good one" though and I fear I will get a less reliable replacement when I get around to sending it in. Worst fit and finish I've ever seen on a firearm, but the best $130 I ever spent.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Looks about right. My HP22 was scary accurate right up until it broke. It was the most reliable .22 auto I've ever shot. I very well could have got a "good one" though and I fear I will get a less reliable replacement when I get around to sending it in. Worst fit and finish I've ever seen on a firearm, but the best $130 I ever spent.
Yep! Decent price & good shooter in my experience. My sister-In-law needed a soft shooting pistol that was accurate, and had some safety features- this fits the bill for her & as her first pistol she shoots well with it & it didn't break her budget. She now carries it often as she gets more confidence & has got the cocked&locked carry thing mastered. She's primed for the 1911 platform now ;)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My HP-22 is also very accurate and has been very reliable. Accuracy is the same with either barrel

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Nice shootin'! Yep, these things are WAY more accurate than they have any right to be.

I've been shooting my .22 some with Winchester 333 bulk pack which is loaded really light. It functions in the HP22, but won't in about any other self loader. These guns are so cheap, if you're going to carry it, you might should get an HP22 for practice. Would also take some wear off your carry. .25 really is better if you're going to carry, more reliable feeding and ignition, though if my HP 22 starts to mess up, that usually means something's wrong, hopefully just needs another recoil spring.

I've heard guys say they handload the .25. Man, they must have a lot smaller fingers than ME! LOL

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Oh, if you're going to rely on it, one of the things you should do is superglue that stupid firing pin block open. Mine had a habit of turning itself on.

Reactions: GhostHorse
1 - 15 of 15 Posts