Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 shots, 100 yards. Cheap red/green dot optics. Need better optics.
IMAG1242.jpg
IMAG1140_1.jpg

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Nice.

·
Administrator
35,318 Posts
I sure can't do that at 100 yards with a red dot....very nice shooting !

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot from a rest, so I had a bit of help. The dot covered everything except the very top and bottom of the blackout oval. So I was able to bracket it. Also I miscountrd the rounds. Took 20. Shot 6 on the first target. Would not group at all. Optic was loose. Tightened it and the next 2 were not too bad. That's actually 12 shots on the target I posted. Can't shoot or count .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You can't j st put a red dot on those type of rifles. It doesn't do the rifle justice, and the .300 is capable of more than that.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Invest in a good Leupold, you don't need one of the 4-16 or 5x whatever wonder scopes, but you should at least go 4 power and get some good mounts for it, should be a tack driver then.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
$250-300 street price, well built + top rail & (covered) threaded barrel (16" - 1:7 rifling) to add a suppressor make for a unique rifle for this round.

My favorite title on a review: "Thriller Silent Hog Driller". :D

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Nikon P-300 for it. Wanted to try the dot. Knowing what this rifle will do, I was not happy. It will make a one hole group with A Max 208 grain pushed by 4198. 245 gr cast pushed by unique is quiet even without a can. With a can the hammer falling is the loudest noise it makes.

Problem is, they do not expand at all. Been working on Nosler 125 gr BT pushed by 296. Promising, but have not taken any game with it yet.

Reactions: mingaa
1 - 9 of 9 Posts