Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a field strip and a once over with Slip 2000 replacing the packing lube protestant the G2 came with, my cousin brought me with as he ran the first rounds through his new Taurus... Yeah I brought my G2 also!

After 4 rounds we adjusted his rear sight as the gun was shooting low but it was right on otherwise as far as windage. Being new to Taurus and the G2 he really liked the trigger and just how managable the recoil was with this small C.C. 9m. After 4 maga through his new G2 we had the rear sight adj. as much as we could it was still about 2" low at 7yds he asked me about replacing the sights and what was available. I told him at this time there were very limited choices available, and if it were my decision I would just compensate a bit with the sight pic and leave it at that. He did and the rest of his shots were in the 9 or 10 ring.

Happy to report the gun performed flawlessly "Made me feel good too as I told him to buy this gun based on my experience with the G2". We will return to the range soon as all we put through the G2 was FMJ he didn't have any JHP and I didn't bring any along, but based on the reliability I've had I really don't think there will be any issues. He did ask me what I use for JHP defense round, I recommended the Federal 124gr HST based on how well it grouped and the ammo testing of this round IMO its one of the best, and its affordable.

He said next time he;s bringing his wife so she can get some range time with his new G2... I think after that session he will be adding one more G2 to his gun collection!! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
With every positive report I read on the PT111 G2 I get a warm, fuzzy feeling. :icon_wink: As I said in one of my posts discussing this gun, it shoots like other guns I have that were more than twice as expensive as what I paid for this Taurus. By the way, I'm a fan of the Federal HST as well.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I almost expect people who don't own multiple Taurus weapons to shoot low at first, I had to go against the conventional sight picture as well. Once I learned that they go POA=POI when you line up the dots, I realized that the front sight post is a shade taller than the rears and the dots wouldn't line up if you level the sights against each other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The G2 point of impact is #3 in this pic and not #2 like many are used to. That would explain why it's shooting low.

So if I'm aiming like I have all my life using sight image 2 and am hitting where I expect it to hit (center, bullseye, etc) does that mean my sights are technically off?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
So if I'm aiming like I have all my life using sight image 2 and am hitting where I expect it to hit (center, bullseye, etc) does that mean my sights are technically off?

Some people prefer a “6 o’clock hold.” Which one of the above images is that? Depending on who you ask, it could be #1 or #2.
Others shoot for “point of aim = point of impact.” Which one of the above images represents that? Depending on who you ask, it could be #2 or #3.
How do you think gun companies zero their guns? One guy will tell you that a company uses #2, another will tell you it’s #3. Setting aside the fact that half the pistol manufacturers no longer bother to test fire or zero their pistols (especially the ones going to the commercial non-law enforcement market).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts