Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Which factory loads do you prefer during range time?

• CCI Blazer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CCI Blazer Brass

• Winchester White Box

• Federal American Eagle

• Remington UMC

• Independence

• Wolf

• Sellier & Bellot

• Fiocchi

• Aguila

• Speer Lawman

• Magtech

• Other---please specify

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I chose Blazer Brass in 9mm, WWB in 9mm and .38 spec, and UMC in .38 spec.

·
32,533 Posts
WWB,UMC, and Silver Bear are what I use ina the PT111 and the Ruger P95s. All are 115 gr. rounds. One exception is the Silver Bear 145 gr JHP. Incredibly the Silver Bear JHPs do deform to larger size. Not as much as USA premium ammo, but enough to disrupt more tissue than hardball will.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I voted for WWB, American Eagle and Wolf but I also have Fiochi, Magtech and Blazer Brass in the locker right now. Might have some PMC left as well.

Generally its whatever was cheapest when I was working on the order.

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I've had problems with the ammo comming out of the czech republic, so I stay away form them. I will relate the issues here: I had a case of Sellier and Bellot in .223 that I used for my three ars. I noticed after firing it in my prarie dog gun the case was split all the way down the middle. So I switched to my carbine, the same, and then we switched to my old man's mini-14, the same. So we know its the ammo not the gun. Then my friend sighied his 30-06 with winchester ammo and the the case was split right down the middle just like my .223. when I looked on the box guess where the ammo was made? The Czech republic, that was about 6 years ago, I don't know if they fixed the problem, but I am not willing to mess my guns up finding out. I will stick with remington, federal, or my handloads.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use Winnie White & Blazer Brass in my PT92 and Rock Island 1911, and my Ruger GP100 loves the Blazer aluminum. It also likes a few other things, but my wallet likes the Blazer aluminum more than some of those others...

Just started reloading my own .38/.357, so my ammo cost for that is down to $5-7/box.

Preacher man

·
Registered
166 Posts
I use the cheapest 9mm ammo I can find. Normally Monarch 115 grain FMJ steel or aluminum cased. It ranges in price from 5.88 to 6.50 per 50. (last months cost) The ammo is pretty dirty but I haven't had any FTF or any other issue with the ammo. I am seriously considering to start reloading.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I use whats cheapest. It usually ends up being Blazer Brass. .45 is about all I shoot.

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts
Same as Flyer. All my guns run well on the cheap stuff. Usually reload though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I usually go with the cheapest stuff in the area, usually it's winchester white box. I have found that my 92 will eat just about any ammo fed to it though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts