Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in stupid local gun stuff, I went to the range on Sunday. Brought my MkIV, CZs, the AR pistol and the space-10/22.

In the middle of plinking with the MkIV, the RSO calls a ceasefire and tells everyone that there may be a boom from the rifle lanes because 'someone is going to shoot a pound of Tannerite' as part of a 'gender reveal' party. It's worth noting that some bozo doing exactly this was responsible for a $8M wildfire recently.

I'm good friends with the RSO so we start chatting - apparently the father to be is a friend of the owner so he just shrugs and hopes that nobody gets hurt.

Shortly after that, the 'party' attendees start filing in - one of them is carrying a over-decorated cardboard box. A couple are carrying infants that are wearing ill-fitting hearing protection. :(

They drag the box to rifle side, call ceasefire/cold line for all the paying customers there so that this box can be dragged down to the last lane at 100m. At that point, the dude sets up in that lane with his AR (sporting what looked like a 1-4 or 1-6 optic) and shoots.

...and misses.

...repeat 29 more times.

Halfway thru what was basically the world's most embarrassing magdump, the box was torn up enough to release a puff of blue powder, so the element of surprise was lost and everyone had to watch this sad sack try to hit a target the size of a dinner plate at 100 yards with a magnified optic AR - I don't think I've seen a sadder display of marksmanship in my life

Eventually, the lady in the lane next to him took one shot with a BA .270 rifle and popped it after the 'guests' had already started filing out.

Good times, to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
38,026 Posts
Wondering if alcohol was involved. I would be seeking another venue for future shooting endeavors.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
The guy was shooting from the bench? Admittedly if shooting off hand I think it would take me quite a few shots to hit a target that size at 100yds. And I agree with Czechbikr!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy was shooting from the bench? Admittedly if shooting off hand I think it would take me quite a few shots to hit a target that size at 100yds. And I agree with Czechbikr!
From a bench, yeah. It was quite the spectacle.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Well atleast she didn't do it from her lane infront of everyone! If I were her, I'd take his AR from him and say "well you won't need this anymore"! :D:D

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
Well atleast she didn't do it from her lane infront of everyone! If I were her, I'd take his AR from him and say "well you won't need this anymore"! :D:D

She could be saying something like "hey, where have you been going all those late nights when you said you were at the range"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts