Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was great weather for the range.
I couldnt find my gate key. I got that a few weeks ago with my membership for $45.
So I just went and baught a new membership today for a key.
$21 and 5 minuts to burn through a box of Colt .45
Fired the Taurus .454 and my Sig p226 9mm.
For some reason the Taurus miss-fired twice. Ive never had it do that before.
The Sig jams up a lot, almost every 5 rounds. It could be the cheap police issue reloads the gun store sells me.
For my girlfriend the 9mm jams up the most... I think she might be limp wristing it or something.
Our target was a ghetto mess of wood and screws all held together by duct tape and taped to the back of a lawn chair with a piece of paper and some sharpie rings to shoot at.
Nothing says professional like duct tape and and sharpie !
The goal was to adjust the sights on the gun and test the new gun rest but I forgot my tools.
The new rest wasnt bad... for $13. some cheapo plastic thingy. Anyway it still did the job but to use it frequently I will have to bolt it down to something, its just too light.
I would like to figure out why the Sig keeps jamming... it could create a dangerous situation.
The issue I had with the screws on my Taurus revolver were taken care of.
I took it to a gunsmith buddy of mine and he trimmed and polished the screws and re-seated them then he measured the weight of my trigger pull. it was at 14 pounds so he lowered it to 10 pounds. MUCH better !
He also buffed out a few scratches and gave me a tour of the machine shop to show me how they work on the guns.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I already have enough keys to keep track of so thankfully both ranges I belong to have combination locks on the gates along with keyed padlocks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe ummmm I have never been able to work a combination lock.
Management at work even gave my locker away because I couldnt get it open and had to keep asking security to come open it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My range has an electronic keypad. You're issued a unique number that you key in and it unlocks the gate.
Welcome to the 21st Century!:rating10::happy:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Your sig could be jamming because it does not like the OAL of the reloaded ammo.
OAL is specific to each gun. Ammo mfgr have to make their ammo fit every gun possible.
Could also be it does not like the bullet profile of the ammo you was using. Unless it was ball ammo then I would have to guess OAL issue.

Misfires on your revolver could mean not strong hit or maybe the primer was faulty. If a second hit set them off then likely the primer was just faulty.
Carry on and keep shooting! As for your GF 9mm, You shoot it and see if it happens again. Let her shoot and see how she is holding it.
Then get a buddy or someone at the range to shoot it and see if it happens. If not then she could be limp wristing it.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Thanks for the report bones, sounds like you have a great gunsmith there. Every firearm could stand a little tuning, so hopefully all the bugs are worked out of your .454!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You had a good day just getting to shoot. Hang on to that gunsmith. Keep working, those little problems will all work out and you'll enjoy shooting all the more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts