Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well took the PT1911 to the range again today for the second time since replacing the safety. I put about 300 rounds through it with absolutely ZERO problems. Every shot hit paper all the way out to 40 feet. I have decided that the 1911 is now going to be my carry gun. After that many rounds with no problems I can say I feel perfectly safe using it as my carry gun instead of just a range/truck gun.

Thanks for letting me share.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
You might want to upgrade to Novak or Chip McCormick mags the Taurus mags have cheap springs & followers. They nose dive and the springs double up on themselves causing big problems. I've got about 500+ rounds through mine and all of a sudden I started having all kinds of problems with the mags make sure you keep them clean. There easy to clean but gunk up fast just my .02

·
Registered
134 Posts
45 forever, when did you buy your 1911??? And is the middle letter a z or an a? If it is a z,you need to call Taurus up and give them your serial #s along with the first 3 letters. richGP100z,Omaha,Ne. P.S. Taurus will replace them at no charge. Seems like mags were made during the first 2 batches and they [mags] have been part of quality control problems.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
I got it in Sept. of last year 07 serial prefex nas, I'll give them a call I didn't know there was a problem cause the mags are really a mess the followers look like they were stamped with aluminum foil the springs double up on themselves and you can't load more then 5 or 6 rounds somtimes. The mags I have now are much better but I would like good factory mags if they improved them. Thank you Rick :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
45 forever,Taurus did change the followers because of feeding problems and Quality control wasnt catching them like they were suppose to. So call Taurus up and they[customer service will send you 2 new mags at their expense and probably give you a return box to send the defective mags back. That goes for anyother PT1911 owners also. richGP100z,Omaha,Ne.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought Wilson Combat ETMs to replace the factory mags.

·
32,735 Posts
After purchasing a few Promags for my Ruger and Taurus pistols, with intrepidation at the time, I can say these have worked out well. Purchased several Pro mags for the SIG225 as well. No troubles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had my PT1911 for over a year with no problems with the mags. Seem to feed everything just fine. Have a couple of other mags with noticeably stronger springs.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
Thanks the gun was shooting fine taking everything I could throw at it then the mags starting nosediveing and the srpings where jaming in clean mags, Il give CS a call.
thanks to all
Rick

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
I called Taurus CS today and they said send them in and they would replace them. They said they had a few problems but would not admit to anything major, I didn't care I was joking around with the CS girl and she was polite. so we will see about the turn around time. Thank goodness I have a Novack and a Chip McCormick mag to fall back on.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I got my pt1911 in Feb of 2008, with no problems with the mags. I do have a couple of Chip McCormick mags just in case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts